Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
jd-power-dependability-2021-1024x576.png

For the ninth year out of ten, Lexus is the top-ranked brand in J.D. Power’s Dependability study.
The Vehicle Dependability Study covered three-year-old (2018 model year) vehicles in eight major vehicle categories grouped by J.D. Power as follows: audio/communication/entertainment/navigation (ACEN); engine/transmission; exterior; interior; features/controls/displays (FCD); driving experience; heating, ventilation and air conditioning; and seats.
Lexus came out on top with a score of 81 problems per 100 vehicles, compared to the industry average of 121 PP100. The Lexus ES and GX both won segment awards for dependability.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
So all the new TNGA products Toyota has been pushing out are a bit less dependable than the 'old' Lexus. Maybe Lexus will slip by a few points in the next two years with their quick TNGA switch.

What's Honda's trouble? Acura looks fine still.

The Korean brands really are making serious gains in QDR.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
So all the new TNGA products Toyota has been pushing out are a bit less dependable than the 'old' Lexus. Maybe Lexus will slip by a few points in the next two years with their quick TNGA switch.

What's Honda's trouble? Acura looks fine still.

The Korean brands really are making serious gains in QDR.

I believe that a lot of reported issues in these tend to be around frustrations or issues with infotainment.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I think this is one of those moments as Lexus fans that we just kind of say like yup not surprised and move on. I know I have a big basher of Lexus the last year and hopefully the tide is turning to were they are going to start making more fun products to go along with their bread and butter but to be honest if I wasn't thinking of leasing my next car there is no way I would leave Lexus. It's why I pushed for my wife to get the NX where it is bought and not leased for our long-term car. We looked at all the competition but I didn't want to deal with the baggage the other brands bring.

I have been very critical of how my father in law's German cars are always in the shop and I don't want to deal with that or pay for that in a car I own. How Lexus continues to remain at the top of this list where what now 9 out of 10 years at the top is extraordinary. Lexus is almost like Tom Brady here where yeah Tom doesn't have the best arm or can run but he always wins and Lexus always win in reliability. A good amount of us yes are missing the extra fun in some of the Lexus cars and hopefully some change is coming but truly if I had to recommend a luxury brand of a car company where someone was purchasing the car and wanting to keep it for 10 years it's Lexus hands down with no competition.

The only issue Lexus has though is the competition is tightening the gap on reliability and that is why they need to add some fun and sexiness to their cars because if Porsche (who is super close already) or BMW ever pass up on Lexus then Lexus will have a major problem.

But, seriously Lexus, kudos for once again truly dominating this list from the competition.