Lexus to Debut New Vehicle at Los Angeles Auto Show

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
but one could argue that a high-performance GT luxo-coupe would also be perfect for the demographic.

Not really. LA is pretty synonymous with mainstream luxury launches. Detroit gets the biggest and most notable debuts. Chicago is more of a pedestrian show that is heavy on refreshes and special editions. New York is somewhat of a mix.

LA is also one of Lexus' biggest markets and they will sell a ton of RX Ls there.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Yep, my guess too is RX L because it's being showcased in the US.

Tokyo, likely the UX. ES is still early considering Lexus is at least on a 6-year generation run.

Now the question is, any guesses on release dates for the UX and RX L? Surely they will not be released at or near the same time possibly making one model a 2019 and the other a 2018. I'm thinking in the N.A. market, the RX L will be released first, possibly as early as March 2018 as a MY 2018 while the UX would be released December 2018 as MY 2019.

Reactions
It will be the ES is my guess and the Toyota debut there will be its Avalon platform mate. At the dealer level we have had confirmation for a q4 2017 launch of ES but we have seen these change (in the case for the rxl many times)

Ray99

Founding Member
Reactions
It could be GX, given the fact that on Sept 12 2017, Toyota introduced its major updates for Land Cruiser Prado which GX platform based on.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
It will be the ES is my guess and the Toyota debut there will be its Avalon platform mate. At the dealer level we have had confirmation for a q4 2017 launch of ES but we have seen these change (in the case for the rxl many times)

interesting, i dont think they ever launched them together though... so it could be avalon and then rxl