Lexus to Debut 800 Horsepower Next-Generation LFA at 2019 Tokyo Motor Show?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-04-04-lexus-lfa-ii-successor.jpg

Despite all evidence otherwise, Japanese website Response is reporting Lexus will introduce a new LFA at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show.
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Wow, I just sent a PM to @krew about it so he can create a post about it, without looking at the new posts and then I look and here it is. By the way, this rendering was penned by www.fogliodesign.com. IMO it looks more like what an LC F would look like. And a 3.7 liter V8 making 800 horsepower wpuld be hard to accomplish without any forced induction. More information and thoughts on Road & Track

Hamed Al Ketbi

Founding Member
Reactions
Sounds really interesting. However, I can't see the 4.8 V10 was considered as an LFA successor. And for me that is great news I hope so. Also, I see it more as the LC F.
PLUS+ Lexus said they aren't planning on having the next LFA, still they said the same thing about the LF LC. But with all the positive talks and everything, I think Lexus will consider having the LFA!! (Finger Crossed)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
We have seen a few of these rumors about a new LFA or "hyper" car... could be speculation, or there could be some legit information trickling out.

My personal opinion is that Lexus is going to be content to let 600+hp LC F fill the void of a halo sports car for at least a few years.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Toyota's TS040 engine is ready and worked amazing in the previous 2 years
and honestly i will never be shocked if they put the TS040 mechanics in the LFA -II and make it more urban
the main point of LFA plus the driving experience is to test new tech
and i think it will be the first non track production car with capacitors

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I don't think there will be any LFA II, by that I mean a direct successor with NA V10, as an Aventador is a successor of the Murcielago. But I think it is very possible there will be an LFA successor in the sense of Honda NSX I and NSX II or Porsche 918 Spyder the successor of the Carrera GT. If the LFA was the pinnacle of "analogic" cars with its NA V10, the "LFA II" or whatever it might be called, might be to pincacle of transitional cars (ICE to EV), with a V8 Hybrid setup.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
We have seen a few of these rumors about a new LFA or "hyper" car... could be speculation, or there could be some legit information trickling out.

My personal opinion is that Lexus is going to be content to let 600+hp LC F fill the void of a halo sports car for at least a few years.

Well, I was teased about this rumor by Lexus executives this week, so I can pretty much guarantee it's not true.