Lexus & The 2016 Consumer Reports Brand Rankings

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by mikeavelli, Feb 23, 2016.

1. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    Not really worried about Lexus as they scored 88% and were first the previous 3 years...but what in the hell is going on with Acura/Infiniti? They continue to plummet down the rankings every year.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...survey-of-reliable?cciid=email-autonews-blast

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Joaquin Ruhi and RAL like this.
  2. ydooby
    Your (and Automotive News') title is entirely wrong and misleading. This ranking is about "overall" scores, an average of road test scores and reliability ratings.

Lexus and Toyota remain the best in reliability despite their lousy showing in road tests.

See the full ranking at Consumer Reports' official PR page:
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/which-car-brands-make-the-best-vehicles/ consumer reports best car brands.png

Born2Drive and Joaquin Ruhi like this.
  3. mikeavelli
  4. ydooby
    Well the title is from Automotive News, not from Consumer Reports. But I now see it isn't yours.

5. mikeavelli
    In the future, maybe send a PM or politely state your reasoning, instead of accusing me of being "entirely wrong & misleading". KREW will cover this on the homepage and will title it accordingly.

I have edited the original title to include performance. Thanks.

Bulldog 1, IS-SV and RAL like this.
  6. James
    James Founding Member
    Umm my fiancé and her family have three Audis an A5 S4 and Q7. They have popped 4 tires had a small part of the bumper fall off and the button for the trunk stop working. This is all before 50,000 miles as well. Now don't get me wrong they are nice cars fun to drive but I disagree with this. Also, Lexus not fun to drive?! RCF GSF LC LCH just wait until we have all of those and the new LS! Also quite proud of myself to convince my future parents in law to buy my fiancé an NX for her wedding gift instead of the Q5 and X3!

RAL likes this.
  7. krew
    krew Administrator
    krew [​IMG]

View the original article post

RAL likes this.
  8. mikeavelli
    KREW really got to the bottom of it!!!

GSCT likes this.
  9. GSCT
    GSCT Founding Member
    It's stuff like this that makes me wonder about CR. Their credibility when ranking Lexus seems lacking.

10. Tragic Bronson
    I know CR has been known to have the most credibility in the past, but lately I even question their latest rankings regardless of whether they rank Toyota or Lexus high up or not.

11. krew
    krew Administrator
    That's exactly it -- I don't find it questionable that Lexus is ranked third, I just can't believe they would put Audi in first. Makes no sense.

Ian Schmidt likes this.
  12. meth.ix
    Last year, Toyota was second, and Lexus was first. This year, I don't know what happened. After all these are reviews from actual owners and testers.

Fperformance4dawin likes this.
  13. bluesdragon
    I am totally surprised at Consumer reports bashing of the NX and also the top Audi rankings despite the whole Diesel scandal. I'm quickly loosing faith in what they report and the judgement that show.

14. James
    James Founding Member
    I don't get how you can put a car company at the top of a list when was found out they were cheating in that calander year. Also what vehicles were tested? Do we get to see that? I would like to compare and see what vehicles were not recommending on a Lexus but were recommended in the segment with Audi.

15. Born2Drive
  16. Bulldog 1
    And yet....the nearly Scientology level brainwashing that pulls people into believing everything they read at CR (hate them totally) is debunked just one day later by the more reliable in the automotive industry (and not toaster ovens) J.D. Powers rankings where Lexus sits atop the masses for half a decade now.

GSCT likes this.
  17. GSCT
    GSCT Founding Member
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

James likes this.