mikeavelli

Reactions
The CUV Coupe body style is to reduce aero drag. It is the most efficient setup for a crossover. Should have 0.23-0.25 Cd compared to >0.3 for a boxy SUV. That's why Model X/Y use that style.

People just want suv coupes. They have replaced something beautiful like a real 2 door. It is what it is at this point.

I wouldn’t use Tesla, they electric. What about the German SUC’S?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The CUV Coupe body style is to reduce aero drag. It is the most efficient setup for a crossover. Should have 0.23-0.25 Cd compared to >0.3 for a boxy SUV. That's why Model X/Y use that style.

they have squashed look, not coupe look imho

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I hate talking EVs honestly I feel the auto industry will turn soulless, zombies, phones with all looks a like it will be your freedom to choose between this bar and that bar !

didnt feel souless to me when i drove M3P.

If anything my 333hp Audi felt annoyingly and unnecessarily rough and slow when shifting gears.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Maybe the Z in RZ is for Zero.

Model Zero of a new breed? Zero emissions.
Maybe it's the LF1? If LF1 was going to be best of last breed, Radical Zero would start the next one.

I'm just glad there's something to discuss.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
didnt feel souless to me when i drove M3P.

If anything my 333hp Audi felt annoyingly and unnecessarily rough and slow when shifting gears.
Agreed. High performance EVs have more 'soul' than all the modern drive-by-wire, throttle-by-wire, turbocharger, automatic transmission 'performance' cars. Most 'performance' cars today are numbers machine with little sensory feedback. You step on the gas and it accelerates, very little driver effort involved. At least for EVs the numbers are really really good.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Related to the teased concept?

Lexus LF-Z, a new name leaked from the patent registry hides an SUV coupe

lexus-filtracion-202175649-1614106375_1.jpg

Sebass

Follower
Reactions
Related to the teased concept?

Lexus LF-Z, a new name leaked from the patent registry hides an SUV coupe

lexus-filtracion-202175649-1614106375_1.jpg
Geeze, how many trademarks have been made by Toyota & Lexus recently? Feels like a lot.
RZ,
TX,
LF-Z.
And then all the specific names for those cars like 500h, etc.
I ain't complaining though. I just have to wonder, if all of these models made it to production, what would they be? I mean, is there even room for that many SUV's / Crossovers?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Geeze, how many trademarks have been made by Toyota & Lexus recently? Feels like a lot.
RZ,
TX,
LF-Z.
And then all the specific names for those cars like 500h, etc.
I ain't complaining though. I just have to wonder, if all of these models made it to production, what would they be? I mean, is there even room for that many SUV's / Crossovers?
LF Z would be the concept to front run the RZ I imagine.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Is one of these an actual production LF1???? We're still waiting on that!

supra93

Expert
Reactions
My bad if it has nothing to do with the teased concept. Mods, feel free to move or just delete.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
My bad if it has nothing to do with the teased concept. Mods, feel free to move or just delete.

You're good - we actually have a story on this but between IS 500 and the NX leak, havent had time to post it 😂