Lexus Sedans vs German competitors.

Reactions
Good evening,

I would like to start a small discussion, about Ride quality and cabin insulation in the sedan segment ( IS, ES, LS ). I live in Germany and I am getting more and more disappointed in the overall Quality of german cars. So I started to consider Lexus as a luxury brand. I would like to ask you people, who had the chance to compare the Lexus Sedans , especially the new ES and LS Modells , with the German competitors ( A6, E Class, 5 series and A8, S class, 7series ). Do you think Lexus is more comfortable and quiet?
A month ago I had the chance to drive the new S 560. I must say I expected better ride quality. The tire noise was also a little bit to high. It had 19ich wheels.

Thank you for your attention.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Good evening,

I would like to start a small discussion, about Ride quality and cabin insulation in the sedan segment ( IS, ES, LS ). I live in Germany and I am getting more and more disappointed in the overall Quality of german cars. So I started to consider Lexus as a luxury brand. I would like to ask you people, who had the chance to compare the Lexus Sedans , especially the new ES and LS Modells , with the German competitors ( A6, E Class, 5 series and A8, S class, 7series ). Do you think Lexus is more comfortable and quiet?
A month ago I had the chance to drive the new S 560. I must say I expected better ride quality. The tire noise was also a little bit to high. It had 19ich wheels.

Thank you for your attention.

I think a test drive is probably necessary to tell the difference, but generally in my opinion I prefer the high end interiors of Lexus to the German brands, in part for build quality, but also because it isn't necessarily just an upmarket recreation of their entry level interiors (going from the C to the S class, the build quality and details are night and day, but it can't help but feel like you're not in a model-specific interior).

A lot of it comes down to subjectivity, but I'd primarily consider the LS and S class the the two to choose between. That said, the S class is closing in on a new generation, so depending on your timeline, might not hurt to see what both brands do with their high end models coming in the next year or two.