Lexus Safety+ Question

Reactions
I was looking for a pre-owned GX, and I noticed nothing about Safety technology common in many brands, even non-premium brands. I noticed it was not part of the 2016's, 2017's & haven't seen it on the few 2018's I've looked at online? What's the story here? Seems very odd? What is the first year that the GX is available with Safety+? Thank you. As an aside, I noticed that some fairly recent model year GX's are pretty inexpensive - I wonder if that is partly because there are people like me who are bypassing models without safety technology?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
GX is the last Lexus model line to adopt the Safety System+ suite of technologies, and that won't be happening until the 2020 model year GXs go on sale later this year. Sorry to say, you won't find any pre-owned GXs with LSS+. Even 2019 model year GXs lack this.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Safety, whats that?

Joking of course, but here are the facts and opinions that only apply to USDM

Facts: Lexus has never offered the GX with either Lexus Safety Suite Version 1 that is available on most recent models and version 2 available on TGNA based Platforms.

Lexus will offer the 2020 GX (all version as standard) a rebranded and slightly updated version of its 2010-2019 Pre Collision System that has been available as part of the driver assist package on luxury builds (14-19) and other levels in 10-13. However even then it misses out on all speed cruise control with stop start.

Opinions:
Most builds that include the PCS system, will be really small. Good luck

Reactions
Yet another example that indicates Lexus doesn't care too much about the GX. I read somewhere about 8 months ago that Lexus was considering dropping the GX entirely due to low sales numbers.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
for a 2 decade old design, for them its a great investment. Its printing money.

Reactions
The following features have been available on special order since 2010.

2010-2013 had a bunch of mixed packages on special order Premiums and '14-'19 Luxury can get the Driver Support Package. This includes these features: Driver Attention Monitor, Pre-Collision System, High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert, Intelligent High Beams, Wide-view Front and Side Monitor system and Crawl Control

Crawl Control and Multi Terrain Select can be added to any year or trim GX 460. Easy find with a Google search.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
The following features have been available on special order since 2010.

2010-2013 had a bunch of mixed packages on special order Premiums and '14-'19 Luxury can get the Driver Support Package. This includes these features: Driver Attention Monitor, Pre-Collision System, High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert, Intelligent High Beams, Wide-view Front and Side Monitor system and Crawl Control

Crawl Control and Multi Terrain Select can be added to any year or trim GX 460. Easy find with a Google search.
Dont tell the folks at the dealership, how will they ever convince folks to pay msrp once the 20s are on the lots