Lexus rx450h enform start

Reactions
I have a 2019 rx450h and used the enform app today for the first time to start my car. Did it on 3 separate occasions. Each time I approached the car and reached to unlock the car the car cut off, and had to be restarted. Called my salesman and he said it was normal, didn’t know why it was set up that way. Doesn’t seem logical. Anyone else run into this?

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Normal security feature since the introduction of Lexus Enform Remote Start.
"Whether it's a cold morning or a hot afternoon, this feature lets you remotely start your vehicle to warm or cool the interior based on the last climate-control settings. The vehicle will run for up to 10 minutes or until any door is opened, the brakes are pressed, or the engine is turned off remotely.Your key fob can remotely start your vehicle as long as your keys are within range; simply press the lock button twice and then hold the lock button until your vehicle starts."

Its not the best of ways for sure, but the only way unfortunately through the mfg

RAL

Reactions
I have a 2019 rx450h and used the enform app today for the first time to start my car. Did it on 3 separate occasions. Each time I approached the car and reached to unlock the car the car cut off, and had to be restarted. Called my salesman and he said it was normal, didn’t know why it was set up that way. Doesn’t seem logical. Anyone else run into this?
Welcome! @Chjohnson59

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Yeah, it seems to me like they could make it so if you have the key and open the door it stays running, otherwise it shuts off. That would satisfy security without this behavior.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Unfortunately there are more ways, just none of them have been implemented.