CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Oh god just please don't let the EV concept be anything near the RHOMBUS.

Lexus EV Teaser Image

The angled lights and other details here seem a little close to the rhombus. Maybe i'm seeing things, but that first frontal shot... No... no i'm sure it'll be fine.

Will1991

Reactions
A lot better than expected!!

Itā€™s an amazing concept with good (realistic) specification, it should be the range king considering Toyota efficiency with a 110kW battery and a 150kWh charging...

This is so much better than I was expecting... Another championship considering I was expecting a LF-SA thing! Good job Lexus! : )

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
A lot better than expected!!

Itā€™s an amazing concept with good (realistic) specification, it should be the range king considering Toyota efficiency with a 110kW battery and a 150kWh charging...

This is so much better than I was expecting... Another championship considering I was expecting a LF-SA thing! Good job Lexus! : )

The specs for the electric powertrain are leading-edge for 2020, average for 2025, and underwhelming for 2030. So unless they release a LS-EV with similar specs in two years I wouldn't call it a champion.

Will1991

Reactions
The specs for the electric powertrain are leading-edge for 2020, average for 2025, and underwhelming for 2030. So unless they release a LS-EV with similar specs in two years I wouldn't call it a champion.

When you put it that way, yes, it does sounds a bit awful...

I'm not trying to get Toyota/Lexus excuses but, after someone (I believe it was you) shared around here a GAC(??) Toyota EV for China currently available with around 50kWh (iA5 or something), I want to believe that even the first BEV's from Toyota/Lexus will top this specs. They simply can't launch a Lexus UX (or even CHR for China) with anything smaller than 60kWh...

If they do sell it with less capacity it needs to be cheap, really cheap, as Mazda's MX-30 will be really affordable according to first sources in Portugal.