flexus

Admirer
Reactions
I believe the CT is too tight, just like the Corolla hatchback. I'm only 168 cm (below average for any race lol, maybe I'm alien) and if I were to sit behind myself, I'm left with less than two inches of knee room.

But I'll still take one since the rest of the household are female and shorter than me lol.
Corolla hatch has same wb as UX

flexus

Admirer
Reactions

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-08-22-lexus-lf-sa-city-car-ev.jpg

Autocar has more details on the upcoming Lexus electric vehicle concept that will debut at the Tokyo Motor Show this year:

The as-yet-unnamed concept takes the form of a tall, boxy and city-friendly hatchback that wears a more futuristic design than any model in the brand’s 2019 line-up. Inspiration is expected to be taken from the brand’s LF-SA concept of 2015, albeit updated with more production intent.
“We feel that our future could resemble this design,” Lexus vice-president Koji Sato told Autocar.

The interior is expected to feature two screens on either side of the steering wheel showing off the brand’s next-generation infotainment system.
Details on the powertrain are still sketchy, but the concept could preview the in-wheel electric motor technology Lexus is...

Continue reading...

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I just hope it's C segment as there is no demand for luxury B segment

True. Compact will have more utility. I had to look the definition up. The Audi Q4 etron will seem to be slotted between the Q3 and Q5 in size. The UX is subcompact though and I thought this was going to be one of the first BEVs for Lexus but it seems it's that smaller urban car that will come out first.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-09-29-lexus-ev-concept.jpg

Autocar has a new rendering on the upcoming electric city car concept Lexus will reveal at the Tokyo Motor Show, along with some detailed information:

It’s a small, city-friendly model with a tall roof that clears up a generous amount of cabin space…the model relies on innovative in-wheel electric motors for power.
While it will be presented as a simple design study, Lexus strongly hinted at least some parts of it will reach production in the coming years.

The rendering, which appears to either be from Lexus itself or based on insider information, shows a spindle grille that encompasses the front hood. It brings to mind an earlier interview with Lexus Design general manager Koichi Suga:

However, there is some pressure from...

Continue reading...

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
If this ever sees the day to get into production Honda E will have been in it's 3rd year on sale already. I just can't see how they can compete against Honda E unless they price it exactly the same.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
So it's going to be a concept and not a production model? Maybe near-production or LC like?

What ever happened to this thing?

Will1991

Reactions
So it's going to be a concept and not a production model? Maybe near-production or LC like?

What ever happened to this thing?

Hopefully it got killed... As the price for a premium compact SUV would be too much to turn this thing in a sales success.

If they made this their first BEV, they are certainly doing everything to the BEV program to fail. Also, would be astronomically behind what’s selling, long range BEV from C segment up.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
The Future is Electrified
Tokyo, Japan, October 10, 2019―Lexus will premiere its BEV concept at the 46th Tokyo Motor Show from October 23 through November 4 2019.
Leveraging continued advances in technologies such as electrification and autonomous driving, the electrified concept offers a glimpse into Lexus' future vision, which caters to consumers who are equally passionate about driving and uniquely crafted luxury experiences.

20191010_01_01.jpg

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Oh my F, I really like that.
Man, I don't need another car.

EDIT:

For anyone curious, a brightened image (though i'm sure someone more savvy to do better)

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-10-10-lexus-ev-concept-teaser.jpg

Lexus has just released their first teaser image of the upcoming electric vehicle concept debuting at the Tokyo Motor Show later this month. A short video was also posted on Instagram:

This lines up with an earlier sketch published by Autocar last month:
19-09-29-lexus-ev-concept.jpg

The concept is expected to be a small city car with in-wheel electric motors for power. While it will be presented as a simple design study, Lexus has strongly hinted some of the design shown will reach production in the coming years.
The full press release accompanying the teaser image:

Leveraging continued advances in technologies such as electrification and autonomous driving, the electrified concept offers a glimpse into Lexus’ future vision, which caters to...

Continue reading...

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Late in the game but looking forward to this. Lexus badly needs a production EV fast, I mean 2021-2022 latest to compete with every other manufacturer releasing EVs over the next 2 years, not 2025 please!