Jezza819

Fan
Reactions
With that light bar going all across the rear that's got to be some sort of Lexus race car teaser. It would match the current trend corporate is going with the new NX. Again pure speculation on my part.

Will1991

Reactions
@Jezza819 , it's really close:

-> Toyota (?) GR Sport
image.png

-> NX
image.png

-> LX
image.png

Can this be an early design preview for the 2RC with a engine variation from the (supposedly dead) GR Super Sport?

But it's missing the spindle grill....

CRSKTN

Admirer
Reactions
@Jezza819 , it's really close:

-> Can this be an early design preview for the 2RC with a engine variation from the (supposedly dead) GR Super Sport?

No, not the RC…

They cancelled LCF and LSF because they weren’t extreme enough to be F cars.

Toyota comes out and says we need to create the race car, and then derive street cars from it.

They’ve shown you the SSB Lexus Sports car inspired by the LFA.

Toyota came out and said first SSBs likely to be 2025, in hybrid systems to start.

They then show this off.

I’m actually hopeful they show off more… specifics of the next high performance Lexus.

I am quite hopeful about future small sports coupes as an aside, whether it’s called the RC or not.

1642184273364.png
1642184294041.jpeg
078D2441-E134-4B32-83F4-692FCE542B60.jpeg
1642184526283.jpeg

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
@CRSKTN well remembered!
I can see the resemblance between this new GR GT3, the back end from the LFA and the front end from the new Lexus coupe.
But wasn't that an EV concept?
I'm finding this concept really intriguing!

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Kind of off topic...I've always wondered what those flaps are sitting right on top of the brake lights

CRSKTN

Admirer
Reactions
@CRSKTN
But wasn't that an EV concept?

I addressed this. They said solid state batteries, which Toyota had said will first arrive as hybrid applications around 2025.

Hybrid power supercar is my belief.

Toyotas use of “electric vehicles” and “electrified” I feel is intentionally vague as to include transitionary hybrid models, some of which may linger in select markets not ready for EV.

Smychavo

Fan
Reactions
I feel like this might've been exactly what that Racer article all those months ago was teasing. Ground up design built around GT3, looks awesome! I can see the parallels people are drawing with the rear and the LFA + new design language all around. Can't wait to see the production version of this reach the racetrack!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Kind of off topic...I've always wondered what those flaps are sitting right on top of the brake lights
To reduce wake turbulence.

The fast low pressure air flowing over the roof mix with the stagnant high pressure air behind the car, creating a zone of turbulence. This increases drag. Those aerodynamic pieces divert air upwards to reduce this turbulence hence reducing drag.

Another way of doing this is to make the tail very long and sloped (like MB EQXX) so the low pressure air stream hits the ground generating a 'wall' that prevents turbulence from forming.