Lexus October 2016 Sales Report

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by krew, Nov 2, 2016.

1. krew
    krew Administrator
    Den, corradoMR2 and Trexus like this.
  2. James
    James Founding Member
    GS had a positive month for the first time since I can remember wonder what happened for that to occur...?

corradoMR2 likes this.
  3. Tragic Bronson
    Here's how the luxury market fared in October:

4. corgilady2011
    All I can think is... one of those RX's is MINE! :)

Can check out pictures in the SUV forum of my new F-Sport. I'll have a better photo-shoot this weekend hopefully.

5. mmcartalk
    Thanks for the post, Tragic.:)

So much for the Continental being DOA. A number of people thought that its transerse/FWD layout couldn't compete in this class. The October figures, at least, prove otherwise.

Please double-check your figures, though...with 1,222 sales, the Continental should (probably) be #3, not #4.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  6. Ray99
    Ray99 Founding Member
    Hi Bronson,

For ES, where do you position it?

7. IS-SV
    IS-SV Premium Member
    Great info.

Btw, why the weak 5 series sales lately?

Wonder if these early Continental sales are pipeline fill/channel stuffing so far? Have yet to see one on road.

8. Axel
    GS sales are perfect. Lexus is very lazy when it comes to IS. What was the point of the ISF if there wasn't going to be another one? Lexus sadan line up suck accept for the GS, GS is complete with a GSF as a top up

9. Tragic Bronson
    These aren't my numbers, just reposting...good eye catching them though
    I don't have them sorry...if i can find it, would post, but just go see the monthly report for Lexus, car sales are all down so honestly, the only thing exciting is the GS's sales aberration.

10. corradoMR2
    corradoMR2 Founding Member
    The Q50 and TLX both selling better than IS is a sign Lexus needs to inject new tech and engines in the IS. Unfortunately, with the same thirsty and average-power engines, the 2017 refresh is not enough to compete IMO, much like the '16 refresh on the GS. Although the GS did have an anomalously decent month in October...

Thank goodness for the SUV lineup with RX heading yet again towards 100K annual sales and NX will have its best ever total (~55K).

Gecko, Lexus Cohen and IS-SV like this.
  11. Black Dynamite
    Acura RDX and Lexus NX going down to the wire for Class President.
    The NX is now less than 300 units behind.

Lexus NX will crush Acura in their "December to Dismember"
    I expect the NX to rule 2016!
    BD

Trexus, corradoMR2 and Lexus Cohen like this.
  12. Lexus Cohen
    GS sales are actually weak if you ask me!

meth.ix and Tragic Bronson like this.
  13. Carmaker1
    I really wonder how Toyota has reacted to GS sales this year, considering that a lot of final decision making occurs for the 5GS in 2016. I wonder if they soldiered forward with solidifying 5GS development last year on premise of the facelift being well received, before witnessing the severe dip in sales earlier this year.

The 5GS design is definitely frozen by this point (if they didn't delay it), while they likely wrap up design of the 4IS into 2017. Maybe one will see mules in magazines soon. I feel dip in sales was somewhat warranted, as they should've done much more to increase output of the 2GR-FSE upon 4GS intro in late 2011 (310-15 hp) and incremental additions on top of that at refresh (320 hp) to be competitive. Customers are wising up to it.

The G30 has been teased for awhile and was just revealed. That will kill sales definitely.

CIF, Ian Schmidt and mikeavelli like this.
  14. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    I hope the design moves to a more coupe like design like the 3GS....and helps separate it from the ES...

Word is the new ES is breathtaking and stunned people who have seen it.

CIF, Carmaker1 and Trexus like this.
  15. mikeavelli
    Thanks guys. Curious how the new q60 did in a full month. Haven't had time to look.

CIF and Trexus like this.
  16. Carmaker1
    The only two all-new Lexus cars that I haven't seen are particularly the 7ES and 5GS in being generally an outsider, so that is quite interesting to hear. I didn't realize that the 7ES was that far along, but considering the mules the past year, it shouldn't be surprising. This month keeps getting better and better (at least on this side of things). The positioning of the 5GS will be interesting to say the least, as the line-up will likely start with a new petrol/gas GS300.

CIF likes this.
  17. Carmaker1
    If you think about it, BMW offered their first M3 sedan in 1994, then discontinued it at the end of 1997 for a full 10 years. The E46 M3 didn't even debut until late 2000. Audi has even alternated RS models in the past and so has MB to a degree (no E63 AMG coupe since CLK63). XE40 IS-F probably won't even surface until late 2020-21 at earliest though, which itself is still a 6 year gap.

18. mikeavelli
    I actually was stunned to learn it seems the entire 7ES was shown in Japan at Fuji. So you and me both.

Completely agree with you on the 5GS, it has to grow in size significantly and the styling has to resonate more with buyers. The driving/handling no longer is the issue. New engines obviously need to come from the start.

Trexus likes this.
  19. CIF
    CIF Premium Member
    The 7ES more than anything needs a great interior for the segment, and a return to that famous ES soft, comfortable ride.

20. mikeavelli
    I often wonder what the goals are? Because for all the complaining people have done, the interior did improve with the refresh and compared to most its pretty damn good. Everyone was fapping to the new E-class interior in pics and Motor Trend just reviewed it in a comparo and highlighted some bits as a low point. Sometimes I'm not sure what to think lol.

Will AWD come? Also will the ES hit 50k+ next go round. That means its doubled in price since its debut over 25 years ago!

Ian Schmidt and Trexus like this.