Lexus NX 300H - my little review....

Reactions
Hi, i'm from Italy....

withdrawn Saturday morning NX 300 Luxury color atomic silver, transparent roof.

I've already made 427 km of which about km 190 in Highway, about KM 130 on normal roads and the rest in the city/short Intercity routes.

Performance are not yet able to evaluate fully, as I have to take a bit of confidence with the gear this ECVT feels the rotation of the motor up sharply but I can't appreciate acceleration (also for the confort) if not watching the speedometer go up to speed. I got to do 3-4 passes in normal road without problems.... just push the throttle, and this already satisfies me. ....

Already consumption interesting, now the CdB tells me the average 6.8 L x 100 km (data at the beginning of post) average speed 52 km/h .... don't believe you can reach 5.2 declared but taking a bit of confidence we can bring. About the driving mode, I confirm that the “standard” is suitable for the "taste of the Guide", and to get good economies. I have noticed that in the city ECO helps to better manage the use of batteries due to minor throttle sensitivity.

I must express strong appreciation for the comforts.....soundproofing at the highest levels ...nowhere near comparable to my old GLK; wanting to be perfect I would recommend Lexus a more effective wheel coating to reduce rolling noise better...... it just nitpicking and.... The absorption of uneven roads is excellent; aside from a slightest hint of body roll (I think inevitable for the height) the handling is excellent and the behavior of the car very predictable and safe.Very comfortable seats (electric with memory and heated/ventilated), and clearly legible instrumentation....... having regard to the characteristics of the car I would have liked a button to switch the display from Radio and Central energy, such as that on Prius Plugin that I had to try for some day ... ... unless my oversights I switch on the radio by pressing the dedicated button but back to "energy" only from the main menu and search for "vehicle" with the wheel..... a bit complicated ... Excellent air-conditioning and controls within reach. ... as explained below, use the dedicated display menu is impractical.

On the latter the menus of the display of the car are complete but the interface seems programmed 10 years ago... too many clicks and masks before you enable/disable something and also the touchpad in my opinion does not change the substance of the criticisms; p.e. was an Odissea pre-program radio stations. Think that would be a simple software upgrade. The Navigator (standard) I still haven't had a chance to try it out, but for graphics/usability above applies.

If I can, I will update this review in a couple of weeks after a use a bit more aware and consolidated ...... it ... certainly a good buy and I would have no doubt in giving advice to friends.

Bye

RAL

Reactions
Thank you for sharing your review! Enjoy your new NX in beautiful Italy.

Welcome to this community. Glad to have you with us!

Reactions
Thanks for sharing palmiro! Consuption will settle down, i have now 12tkm and it's no problem to avarage 5-6l in the city, out of the city everything depends on speed..

Infotaiment interface - i tested Touchpad and scroll wheel either before the purchase and basic scroll wheel much more confortable and intuitive, so i took the basic one finaly.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Welcome Palmiro and remember the pulse and glide technique to optimize fuel efficiency with a Toyota/Lexus hybrid. :)

Reactions: Joe

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Welcome and thanks for the interesting review, Palmiro!

Concerning the touchpad...: I have made a few try outs myself when testing the NX during a few days. I have to admit that in the beginning I wanted to have the mouse-like remote touch back, but after a certain time to get used to the system and playing with the controls to adapt the feedback sensitivity, I learned to like the touchpad. I also learned that I preferred the double click confirmation method (like on a portable PC mousepad) instead of downclicking the complete pad. So the system allows to adapt a few things to the needs of the driver...

I wish you a lot of enjoyable kilometers! ;)

Reactions: RAL

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Regarding the RTI, I find that I enjoy the control of the PC-like touchpad, with force feedback fully disabled.

Cylcars

Fan
Reactions
Hi from Tyrol, we are traveling in Austria on holidays, very good sensations , fuel average 8 liter x 100 médium speed 130 kms some times 160 ( yesterday in Higway Germany)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    813.2 KB · Views: 3

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Hi from Tyrol, we are traveling in Austria on holidays, very good sensations , fuel average 8 liter x 100 médium speed 130 kms some times 160 ( yesterday in Higway Germany)

That's excellent fuel economy ratings for this type of vehicle and at the speeds you drive. Congratulations on your new NX and welcome to Lexus Enthusiast.

Reactions: RAL

Cylcars

Fan
Reactions
Tks corrado, your nick remember me a long time ago i have a WV corrado G60, oh very good time, best regards

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Do you like rear of my NX

Yes, I like the lower gray valence you added.

By the way in response to your prior post, I liked the VW Corrado, especially the VR6. In N. America it was highly liked as a premium pocket-rocket icon back in nineties, but never loved as much as the less expensive GTI but more loved than its 80's successor, the Scirocco. Eventually, the Corrado just got too pricey and got axed.

Last edited:
Reactions
Hello,
i'm over 10.000 km and i can confirm all positives from first imprssion.
Amazing confort , high general quality, low consomption (min 6.2l/100km max 6,8...full tank to full tank). i have only a issue for a slight noise from electric component of powertrain from 75kmh to 90kmh, it's also perceived for the high interior rumour insulation. My dealer asked LEXUS intervention and i know something in the next few days.
you know how use vocal command with SIRI -Iphone? (european customer).
This car is highly recommended.
Ciao

Cylcars

Fan
Reactions
Hello signore Palmiro, I don't know because we use Samsung phone's, we register the voice notes and no problem for use it. Salutti