Lexus November 2018 Sales Report

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by krew, Dec 3, 2018.

1. krew
    krew Administrator
  2. LDeleuran
    How many selling days were there for the new ES? If it was a full month, then I expected more.

The LS is still keeping it to 90% of the sales target. Not bad for a sedan in this climate, but still not on target.

NX and RX are doing great - I am looking forward to see what the UX will bring to the table saleswise.

Joaquin Ruhi and RAL like this.
  3. RAL
    RAL Staff Member Moderator
    Yes, @LDeleuran, the pertinent question is: Of the 4222 ES sold, how many were 7ES vs. 6ES and how many selling days was the 7ES available?

Joaquin Ruhi likes this.
  4. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    I wonder why the huge lift in NX/RX hybrid sales too....

Trexus likes this.
  5. Rob Grieveson
    Lexus need the Limitless sooner rather than later.
    Any news on the GS replacement?
    And the UX?

6. Gecko
    Gecko Staff Member Administrator
    LS close to 1k again is pretty good. Fingers crossed that the momentum is sustained :)

SteVVT-i, maiaramdan and Joaquin Ruhi like this.
  7. spwolf
    they adjusted the pricing and equipment levels to make hybrids more affordable, few months ago... now supply is catching with demand.

maiaramdan likes this.
  8. Joaquin Ruhi
    Joaquin Ruhi Staff Member Moderator
    Automotive News comments on the current state of the luxury brand sales race in the U.S.:

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...o-sales?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

9. Joaquin Ruhi
    Joaquin Ruhi Staff Member Moderator
    WardsAuto quantifies those jumps as +88.6% for its NXh and +116.1% for the RXh.

Gecko and TheNerdyPotato like this.
  10. maiaramdan
    now a new GX & LX is a must

11. thtupid
    Please lexus...please update the IS and GS! It's so sad to see them like this. languishing against the competition. One can blame the rise of the SUVs for their slow demise but really...in my mind anyway...the trend seems to be that the older the model is, the worse it performs. As seen in the GX and LX...GS and IS.

maiaramdan likes this.
  12. Gecko
    That's really, really impressive!!

maiaramdan likes this.
  13. Gecko
    Selling cars of any type is such a difficult proposition right now, so, seeing LS at ~900 when they set the goal at 1,000 a month is pretty good IMO when you consider market trends.

With so many sedans falling off the map and manufacturers throwing all of their R&D at crossovers, it makes the entire passenger car segment look limited and feel less exciting. It seems like there's a new SUV every week, and that just gives the light truck segment more overall consumer interest. It's only going to get harder for sedans from here on out.

Lexus used to be pretty good about making small cosmetic updates to models over different model years and not just at the mid-cycle refresh, and maybe they should return to this logic to help bolster sales. I think sedan sales are going to be all about what's new and flashy for a brief time, and then sales will fade. Quite frankly, probably a lot like the coupe market has historically performed.

Adding CarPlay + suspension adjustments to LS for 2019 was a great move. LS F and LC F for 2020 will be a great additions, as well as ES AWD for 2020. They should also try to experiment with different appearance packages, wheel options, paint colors, interior colors, etc. All of these things can help to restore some consumer interest and give a car a little more flair.

14. Rob Grieveson
    Yes encouraging number, but where is the V8 turbo for this car? Lexus need it to compete in this part of the market.
    Lexus really do take their time with changes or improvements however the benefit of this patience is definitely felt in the ownership of their trouble free motor cars,

maiaramdan and Joaquin Ruhi like this.
  15. Ian Schmidt
    Ian Schmidt Staff Member Moderator
    I don't think they need need a V8 turbo to compete, but it will certainly be welcome. The vast majority of Germans go out the door with the base engine, and Millenials who largely associate "V8" with "dead polar bears" are starting to come into the age range where cars of this type sell.

maiaramdan likes this.
  16. Gecko
    LS F.

There have been rumors of an optional, non-F V8 but I think with the market contracting, the chances of that are zero.

maiaramdan likes this.
  17. TheNerdyPotato
    I just realized that Lexus is pulling over four billion dollars in revenue on just the RX in the US this year. That's insane money to me. Profit is another matter, but I'm sure they're raking it in. Combine that with the 1 million+ Camrys, Corollas, and Rav4s sold pulling another twenty billion this year alone...

Ian Schmidt and maiaramdan like this.
  18. mikeavelli
    I cannot believe Audi passed 200k. I mean their story the past decade or so it just incredible. They were a mere afterthought in the USA just 20 years ago. Truly an amazing story.

Trexus likes this.
  19. spwolf
    being from Europe, Audi is one of the largest luxury manufacturers in the world... not to mention that VW is #1. So this is still bad but getting better for Audi, and whole VW group is laughable in the NA - outsold by a Subaru, who is a footnote in the rest of the world.

20. mikeavelli
    Yes I'm very familar with Audi's position. I'll be back in Europe Friday morning actually for the Essen Motor Show.

VW is a joke here.

Trexus likes this.