Lexus Named Most Reliable Automotive Brand in USA by Consumer Reports

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by krew, Oct 20, 2015.

1. krew
    krew Administrator
    krew [​IMG]

View the original article post

TripleL likes this.
  2. James
    James Founding Member
    I always love seeing Lexus on top of these :)

3. corradoMR2
    corradoMR2 Founding Member
    Hooray again!

MB 21st? Ouch.

CIF likes this.
  4. Tragic Bronson
    Not surprising...Lexus has been reliable since they started...

5. Lexus Cohen
    Too bad we cannot say the same about break my wallet.

6. GuoxJason
    That 21st place was actually an improvement for Benz! Haha! It moved up 3 places.

corradoMR2 likes this.
  7. Sabelo
    Well duur? Lexus trumps them brands, just this morning I saw a BMW 3 series by the R21 freeway with fumes and open bonnet, before that was another 5 Series wagon that caught fire on the N14! Not singling out BMW though

8. Sabelo
    Exactly, I bet you the delay in introducing modern turbos was due extensive research and testing for longevity. Priceless.

corradoMR2 likes this.
  9. TripleL
    TripleL Premium Member
    Nods in agreement!

10. Lexus Cohen
    It's funny you mentioned that, yesterday I saw a 335i pulled to the side of the 826 with the hood opened, and a few weeks ago a m5 on the i95 same issue.

Sabelo and corradoMR2 like this.
  11. Lexus Cohen
    That's exactly what they are doing. I bet the next gen GS F will have a reliable twin turbo V8.

Sabelo likes this.
  12. Lexus Jack
    The big surprise is Audi at #3 ?!?!? They do not have a good track record by JD Power and Associates.

CIF likes this.
  13. Joaquin Ruhi
    Joaquin Ruhi Staff Member Moderator
    One minor commentary and quibble: Krew's article states that "All seven vehicle lines offered by Lexus received top reliability marks". Lexus, in fact, currently offers 10 distinct vehicle lines in North America. Why the discrepancy? Three of those model lines did not garner enough replies from Consumer Reports subscribers (a minimum of 100 per model) to figure in their survey. LX and RC are most likely to be excluded from the CR Lexus results. It is open to debate whether the third exclusion is NX (again, due to possible low response rates) or RX (the new 4th-gen will launch roughly at the same time as Consumer Reports' annual New Car issue hits the newsstands in mid-November).

This and other commentary on the 2015 Consumer Reports Auto Reliability survey (including Lexus' rivals, the top 5 brands and Tesla's fall from grace) appear in this Kaizen Factor article I wrote:
    http://kaizen-factor.com/lexus-and-toyota-deliver-a-1-2-knockout-punch-in-consumer-reports-2015-reliability-survey/

CIF likes this.
  14. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    Kudos to Lexus and Toyota, amazing work especially with larger lineups and more complicated cars. Audi, wow!

Thing is its in a weird way expected and it doesn't matter how poorly they do, it doesn't hurt sales or image.

Contrarily seeing Acura, Infiniti and Cadillac so low gives people even less of a reason to go with them since they have a big uphill battle. First time buyers likely won't buy again since they expected a hassle free experience.

CIF, Joaquin Ruhi and corradoMR2 like this.
  15. corradoMR2
    corradoMR2 Founding Member

That's so true. I have colleagues who love their MB's and Bimmers despite the electrical and mechanical gremlins.

16. CIF
    CIF Premium Member
    Yes, especially given the huge lies of VW with their emissions scandal, Audi quality and reliability certainly can't be trusted IMO.

17. IS-SV
    IS-SV Premium Member
    Yes, Audi's recent television advertisement aired with the phrase saying something about "truth in engineering" should be giving legal department some heartburn, given the ongoing fraud / false advertising investigations. But that's mild compared to the fraudulent advertising by VW surrounding "clean" diesel regarding both low emissions and inflated fuel economy while running dirty.

I have friends with current gen A4(s), A5, and A6 models, a bit boring (as noted numerous times by the A6 owner) but they have been reliable so far. (I've driven only the A4 and A5.)