CRSKTN

Follower
Reaction score
Lexus is by far the hybrid luxury leader so I am hoping if this rumor of a V-8 hybrid LS 600 is true, that is really is something special. I mean 0-60 in 4 seconds flat getting 30 MPG. Something showing technological advancement and superiority. That likely would require a new engine, not sure how much more magic they can get from the current 5.0.

Also will this be a performance hybrid or more in the vein of the current LS 500h past LS 600? I would really love to see a F-Sport version come to the USA and not just the base look.

I think only the Panamera Turbo S E hybrid couples a V-8 flagship sedan with hybrid power. I think the rest of the Germans mix their hybrids with a 6 or 4 cylinder.

The facelift is needed. The ES/LS look too similar up front and the LS styling might have went to far for most people. Its crazy to think arguably the most styled car in this class is a LS.

Whats crazy is a C63 S and M3 with options are 90-105k cars now. I just can't see Lexus having an IS cost that much. I am under the impression that F might be LS/LQ/LC/LX cars only going forward. That is my guess at this point.
To be fair, i think you need to quote the germans in average monthly payments and due on signing, vs the total price.

I also can't imagine paying that much for a C or 3.

Maybe Lexus will bring the IS up a bit in the market. I could see them move to a position of "Sedans are not entry level".

E.g. the LF-SA to come, UX, NX, should be enough for people with entry level luxury budget who need compact utility. Make the IS the alternative to the "corporate car" ES.

Rydo

Fan
Reaction score
@CRSKTN The LF-SA is dead. The design became the C-HR. It really irritates me because a premium small hatch/CUV which was Audi A1 sized would have been mega in Europe. Of course that made too much sense to Lexus.

Looking at that link a few posts back, the photo of therevised LC rear lights look awful. I hate that ‘fin’ they are trying to make from the light housing like some kind of 50s Cadillac.

Anyone else think the all in one headlight design of the refreshed LS is looking back they way? That’s the design the ageing RX uses where most of the newer stuff has had them split off, like LC.

CRSKTN

Follower
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there are rumours of a C-HR derived Lexus product, which is what I was using LF-SA to refer to. Unless that's been explicitly debunked lately and I missed it.

Rydo

Fan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there are rumours of a C-HR derived Lexus product, which is what I was using LF-SA to refer to. Unless that's been explicitly debunked lately and I missed it.
Well the way i see it, they took the LF SA design and made it bigger, turning it from a 2-door sub compact into a UX sized product. The CHR derived Lexus surely wouldn’t be any different from UX.

CRSKTN

Follower
Reaction score
Well the way i see it, they took the LF SA design and made it bigger, turning it from a 2-door sub compact into a UX sized product. The CHR derived Lexus surely wouldn’t be any different from UX.
If you think the UX is as small as they could go you're mistaken. I mean, we just got a Yaris-based CUV. I imagine whatever the new sub UX model is, is going to be based on that or the CH-R. I'm leaning towards something Yaris-based, given the frankenstein frame they created for the GR version.

Joaquin Ruhi

Expert
Staff member
Reaction score
The C-HR derived Lexus surely wouldn’t be any different from UX.
Of course not, because the C-HR-derived Lexus is the UX. Both are built on the TNGA-C architecture and even share the same 2,640 mm (103.9 in) wheelbase. What it seems you're speculating on is whether or not there will be a smaller-than-UX TNGA-B Lexus-badged counterpart to Yaris Cross. There has been some talk of this, perhaps as the first Lexus product (other than UX 300e) not offered in North America.

Anyway, enough of this subject here. Please remember this thread is devoted to the Lexus 5LS mid-cycle refresh.