mikeavelli

Reactions
I agree Levi the LF1 is exactly what I am looking for and as much I want to love the LX or GX it's not the sportier SUV I'm looking for and I'm truly amazed we don't have the LF1 yet...like wtf Lexus you were the leader of the SUV market what happened?
I’m 99% certain it would be the wife’s vehicle.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
if lexus thinks the RZ (bev only) is enough, they are mistaken. icevs will sell for quite dome time. the push to bevs is artificial, just as the oppression of bevs was artificial. free market is a farce, there hasn't been any in the last decades. in a truly free market there would be a larger share of bevs and a non diminishing share of icevs, until a miraculous technology is available.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Apparently, Toyota may be developing a Century-SUV:

2021年3月にまさかの登場! 日産が好調の新型ノートに上級派生車「オーラ」投入!! (bestcarweb.jp)

These are the most recent rumors from the 4.0L V8.

Perhaps Toyota is trying to build 2 versions of the same basis to share some of the development cost between Toyota and Lexus?

To me, there is certainly a clear case to be made...

LF-1 Limitless (2 row/3 row/F)
RZ?
Crown CUV
Century CUV
LS
LC
IS?

I know it is still rumors, but I think it seems realistic that a new RWD platform is being developed to support such vehicles... GA-L nor GA-N turned out to be what we expected, or are what will be necessary in the future.

Issue is: how much longer will that take?

supra93

Expert
Reactions

■ July Super luxurious flagship SUV Lexus "LF"
Lexus "LF" whose concept model was released at the 2018 LA show.
In this era, SUVs are indispensable for the flagship of premium brands. Premium SUVs such as Bentley's "Bentayga", Porsche "Cayenne" and Lamborghini "Urus" have a strong presence.

43845431b285a928f8f53200a41864bc.jpg

A dignified appearance suitable for a flagship SUV. Body size with a total length of 5250 mm, a total width of 1900 mm, and a total height of 1580 mm

The "LF" introduced by Lexus is developed using the GA-L platform of the flagship saloon "LS". The body size with a total length of 5250 mm, a total width of 1900 mm, and a total height of 1580 mm emphasizes its presence with its imposing power and elegant coupe SUV proportions.

In addition to the V6 and 3.5L turbos and hybrids installed in the LS, there are plans for the newly developed V8 and 4L twin turbos. The price will be in the 15 to 20 million yen class.

Last edited:

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
I agree Levi the LF1 is exactly what I am looking for and as much I want to love the LX or GX it's not the sportier SUV I'm looking for and I'm truly amazed we don't have the LF1 yet...like wtf Lexus you were the leader of the SUV market what happened?
Give me a SUV with more performance and new technology like Porsche e-hybrid or something else, or l will be a former customer of Lexus after 20 + years. Totally agree with you on the subject of the LF1, hell would buy it even with a pure petrol engine (v8 or turbo) as long it has more horepowers than my current RX 450h f-sport!

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Awesome, for a second I was afraid it would be an actual new product reveal. Thank God it's potentially another concept car that may or may not ever become something at some point.
Wait are you saying Lexus actually needs some new products...you don't say!

Reactions
Awesome, for a second I was afraid it would be an actual new product reveal. Thank God it's potentially another concept car that may or may not ever become something at some point.

Now watch Lexus be... Lexus and misinterpret this as "please give us more meaningless concept cars and lifestyle stuff".

Will1991

Reactions
Lexus LF is delayed until 2023 due to difficulties found while developing the new 4L V8 TT?

BestCar also shares an expected spec, 660ps/66.3kgm (650Nm)

They also state Lexus LF as the future model name.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
650 nm is very low. Lexus again doing it their way. while they have been right all the time with their way, unfortunately most don't understand and it does not turn into sales/status as Germans.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
We we know now this won' t the new LS as everyone was thinking it was going to go to CUV. This completely debunks that claim.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Too late. Nobody cares about a hybrid system from 2017 and a delayed V8 when they will have a few BEVs in the lineup in 2023. Surprised the project wasn't killed for a more ambitious one.
Germans will not stop with their PHEVs and turbo V8s. At least Lexus won't be accused of not being able.