spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I think an estimate of $150k for LQ F is a little unrealistic. If the base LQ is priced somewhere around $85k (in between the other flagships, LS, LX and LC), I cannot fathom why an F model would cost nearly double. IMO, base of $85k is even a little high for a car like this... the sweet spot would be something around $75k base because it creates a logical "step up" from upper end RX and GX

no.

If it is going to be LS CUV, then it will start at least 5k over LS. It is not going to be cheaper.

What you will see on the other end is that RX and future GX will likely start getting even higher trims and engines and prices in the future.
Or maybe they make sportier version of RX like Audi did Q8. Or maybe new GX will become that in-between model, properly.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@Gecko / @krew
I know that my words seems unlogic, but business wise the 140k - 150k is the right choice, already the normal and hybrid models from both LC & LS can reach the +100k,
plus it will match the offers not from Lambos , Porsche, AMG & M in even cheaper prices with the 3 flagship Fs will match with them in performance or maybe better,
also I think who ever have 120+k for a vehicle can already pay 140k to 150k,
another thing, I feel we will see GQ very soon maybe just the year after the LQ as the crossover RWD based , with the same relation between it and the GX as the LQ & the LX , as suffix Q is only for the L & G

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

Lexus LF-1 Limitless Crossover on Display at DesignMiami/ Conference
18-12-10-lexus-lf-1-limitless-design-miami.jpg

New video as well.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
I don't know, its not hard to see where the LQ F could fall in price.

MB GLE Coupe 63 AMG - $112k
MB GLS 63 AMG - $127k
MB G Wagon 63 AMG - $143k

I don't think 150k is realistic for the LQ F

Probably closer to 120k-125k max base price.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
With the current ancient chassis LX can reach more than 100k the difference in price will be very little from the 100k/380hp/BOF to 125k/600+hp/sporty_RWD

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Bumping this with no good info or reason - shoot me. @Ian Schmidt and I were discussing this in the 4IS thread, but I have a feeling the LF-1 will end up being a three row vehicle, primarily because the research has shown that most people want a third row even if they don't end up using it. That sounds like a better sales case than offering it with two rows and missing everyone who wanted a third.

It would also fill a more unique position in the lineup since the upper part of the Lexus SUV lineup is two BOF vehicles (GX and LX). If LF-1 was two rows, I think it will end up being somewhat cross shopped with the RX - yes, even if it's marketed as a flagship vehicle and costs twice as much. Lexus is still a value brand.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
If this happens, it will be DOA
Lexus needs it very much just turn the concept to production,

Is it very hard to do it!!!!!

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I agree with Gecko that Lexus most likely will release the LQ as a 3 row CUV however Lexus could bring in a 2 row CUV as well just like the RX and LX.

Then the other question that begs an answer is if Lexus brings out the LQ F will it be a 3 row CUV? I would think Lexus would keep it a 2 row CUV for performance in keeping the vehicle light compared to a 3 row. Either way Lexus needs to bring the LQ to market sooner than later...

RX 350/450h (2 row)
RX 350L/450hL (3 row)

LX 570 (2 row)
LX 570 (3 row)

LQ 500/500h (2 row)
LQ 500L/500hL (3 row)
LQ F (most likely 2 row)

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I'm going to go off in a bit of a contrarian tangent here and suggest that Lexus will ultimately copy the current German playbook and offer two distinct variants of LQ: a squared-off-back, 3-row "regular" LQ and a 2-row LQ "coupe" more closely resembling the LF-1 Limitless concept's sloping rear.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
So in this case lexus must have 2 different vehicles one of them 2 rows with same proportions as the LF-1 which can't be a 3-row SUV what so ever, and the other vehicle can be X5/X7/GLE//GLS competitor

But in this situation what's the role of the RX
As the new vehicle will make another GS/ES dilemma

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I'm going to go off in a bit of a contrarian tangent here and suggest that Lexus will ultimately copy the current German playbook and offer two distinct variants of LQ: a squared-off-back, 3-row "regular" LQ and a 2-row LQ "coupe" more closely resembling the LF-1 Limitless concept's sloping rear.

This could actually be a great plan!!

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
So in this case lexus must have 2 different vehicles one of them 2 rows with same proportions as the LF-1 which can't be a 3-row SUV what so ever, and the other vehicle can be X5/X7/GLE//GLS competitor
I'm thinking more of the relationship between 3-row "squareback" LQ and 2-row sloped-back LQ coupe as echoing that between BMW's X5 and X6; Mercedes' latest W167 GLE (which regains the 3rd-row seating option missing since the original ML-Class) and its upcoming GLE Coupe variant; and Audi's Q7 and Q8.

Reactions
I’m excited for this product. The first ever unibody rwd suv from Lexus. Should start 65 k and plus. TT V6 from the LS, TT V6 hybrid, and a TT V8 for the F version with 650 plus hp. Should be a massive hit for Lexus. Hopefully more rwd unibody SUVs come to Lexus.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I am surprised how Infiniti FX/QX70 has a 15 year advance on Lexus.

True, however the Infiniti FX/QX70 never really took off like the RX, NX or even somewhat of the GX did. I remember when the FX35/45 came out it was different and refreshing but Infiniti just didn't evolve it or kept it current or refreshed. Now Infiniti is pulling out of Europe and Infiniti isn't even in Japan. Too bad that Infiniti can't keep up with Lexus.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
True, however the Infiniti FX/QX70 never really took off like the RX, NX or even somewhat of the GX did. I remember when the FX35/45 came out it was different and refreshing but Infiniti just didn't evolve it or kept it current or refreshed. Now Infiniti is pulling out of Europe and Infiniti isn't even in Japan. Too bad that Infiniti can't keep up with Lexus.

Infiniti cannot keep up sales wise, but product wise Lexus is not that great either, with the exception of LC. No V8 for LS, old GX and LX, GS is now FWD in form of ES, IS might be FWD in form of "CT Sedan", no RWD CUV...

LF1 will certainley be a great car, but it should have been here two years ago, not in two years ahead. And RX should have been RWD since the begining, just as the ES.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I am surprised how Infiniti FX/QX70 has a 15 year advance on Lexus.

seems like a dead product.... so this "15 year ahead" only works when you are successful, like for instance RX or Rav4 are.

When your sales are dead, it means you didnt do it right.

I guess it might apply to things like X4 and X6 these days too.