mordecai

Follower
Reactions
I love that they are using the LFA typography/font for the LF-1. Truly signifies this will be a very special model for Lexus.

Reactions
Lexus needs to catch up with or surpass Mercedes-Benz in cabin quality - it’s a pity the Japanese luxury brand is ill-afford to introduce more expensive trimmings onto its cars.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus Enthusiast Live at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show

18-01-14-lexus-live-detroit.jpg

Live from the show floor.
View the original article post

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Motor Trend has some awesome design photos from CALTY that seem to better show what a production model could look like (IMO): http://www.motortrend.com/news/lexus-lf-1-concept-suv-exclusive-first-look/#

Great article and pics

The LF-LC concept coupe from 2012 was planned as a design exercise, nothing more. After a rapturous reception in Detroit, Toyota’s board moved to turn the concept into reality. But it took four years from its Detroit unveiling to reach Job 1 production. After all, you can only move so fast when you are starting with a fantasy—especially one with dimensions nowhere near what would be required for the production version.

By contrast, nearly everything about the LF-1 was designed with production in mind.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
It is like the big brother of the UX (a little bit more patience), but it is production ripe.
Do it Lexus, do it! And do not let 3 years pass.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
...it is production ripe. Do it Lexus, do it! And do not let 3 years pass.
Unfortunately, 3 years is probably the least that will pass before we see a production LL (Hey, that's another possibility for the production version's badge!) From the Motor Trend article cited above:

Although none of the Calty executives would give an explicit time frame, given past Toyota and Lexus product cadences, there is a strong chance the LF-1 could be a reality as soon as 2021—if Toyota’s board hits the “go” button.

Reactions
We need this to be already for sale as a 2019 release. I was thinking about 2018 Porsche Cayenne. I try to hold off to see what is the release date.

Reactions
I think the small clay model in this image from the Motor Trend article is quite interesting to look at.
The right half is obviously the LF-1 while the left half is a bit different and seems more realistic with a horizontal headlamp module, toned down side air intake and a slit(?) for a license plate. Possibly this is what we'll have as a production version?
IMG_0271.JPG

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It is ok. I am sure the production version will be nice for what it is. I like that the license plate at the back is on the bumper and not on the trunk.

ydooby

Follower
Reactions
Love the sporty side profile. Hate the headlights that look as if the car can't get its eyes opened. Don't care for connected taillights on any car either.

But as long as it's actually based on a premium platform (GA-L) it's a huge step in the right direction for Lexus.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Benito

Fan
Reactions
I know that this is a concept and that it won't get to production looking like this, but I love the design overall, but the front end lights don't work for me. Everything else I love.