wyvern

Fan
Reactions
Assuming this isn't a completely baseless rumor, it sounds like a winner. I don't think Lexus can really compete in the c63/m3 or e63/m5 segments very well because those cars have too much heritage and badge prestige behind them but the premium high performance SUV segment is still pretty new and a product like this could make a pretty big splash.

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Definitely excited for this :D

european me will say 500 is fast enough, but I guess gotta do 620-640hp version for the mags and lucky few in the USA where this costs $150k and not $300k like in most of Europe with crazy taxes.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

Lexus LF-1 Production Crossover to Debut in 2020?
18-11-25-lexus-lf-1-limitless-production.jpg

Also, a 661 horsepower LF-1 F.
View the original article post

TheNerdyPotato

Follower
Reactions
Would be an awesome wagon if they fixed the ride height and gave it a less rounded cargo hold. Who am I kidding? My opinion doesn't matter because I can't afford one.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly if the production LQ-F have at least 80% from the LF-1 limitless with this 600+ hp I will take it anyday over the Urus

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
Finally Lexus leads instead of following. A fabulous car, but they want to make sure it isn’t too pricey.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I think an estimate of $150k for LQ F is a little unrealistic. If the base LQ is priced somewhere around $85k (in between the other flagships, LS, LX and LC), I cannot fathom why an F model would cost nearly double. IMO, base of $85k is even a little high for a car like this... the sweet spot would be something around $75k base because it creates a logical "step up" from upper end RX and GX, can catch fleeing GS owners and opens up a whole new demographic for Lexus: Range Rover Sport, Cayenne, X5/X6, Mercedes GLE43/GLE43 Coupe, Maserati Levante and others. $85k is a lot of cash and $10k+ more than the base for those competitors. This car still needs to have a volume business case behind it, plus Lexus' recent forays into the realm of $75k+ have not been particularly fruitful.

I don't see why the F model should start at more than $115-120k. After all, this is Lexus and they are a practical company.

Dropping the GS, replacing the SC with the RC, and the GX going on ten years unchanged impacts the middle tier of Lexus' lineup... and you start to lose the ability to graduate consumers from that tier upwards. A lot of them will have already left, meaning Lexus needs to attract a net-new customer at this price point. There is a huge gap between $40k ES and $75k LS, and similarly, there would be a huge gap between $44k RX and $85k LQ.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
This is going to be a smash hit. This answers alot of questions....

1) we know the 3.5 liter TTV6 will be getting a boost and also the TTV8 will have at least 660hp.
2) we now no that the base LS or any base car for that matter will have a V8 it will only be offered in the F varients.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I don't see why the F model should start at more than $115-120k. After all, this is Lexus and they are a practical company.

The price does seem high, but this is likely down to the Japanese source and the difference in country's MSRP. Your price seems about right to me. Can't see Lexus going all the way to $150k, even with 660 horsepower.