Lexus LC 500h to Debut at Geneva Motor Show Next Month

Reactions
I was asked by Lexus at an event last year what is one move they should make and I told them (had some wine lol) I was stunned how BMW beat them to the hybrid cool car game with the i8. Lexus had the head start and let BMW (and others) get the limelight. So I'm super happy this flagship hybrid coupe is a reality.

It will do wonders for the brand and their hybrid strategy and I think be a favorite among Hollywood etc...Lexus needs to get back in the cool celebrity car game.\

Looks stunning in blue!
I will say that the brand recognition of Lexus is not there with BMW yet (even in the most successful USA market).
BMW has more followers, especially in high price vehicles.
Look at the i3! If Lexus made anything like that piglet, it would be panned to half death.
Any wild sexy coupe can be hot for the 1st two years, I need to see how i8 will fare after 3-5 model years to call it a real success or not.
And, the portion of i8 looks good, if BMW can fit it with big gas engines, I would say that it is probably selling very well also.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I will say that the brand recognition of Lexus is not there with BMW yet (even in the most successful USA market).
BMW has more followers, especially in high price vehicles.
Look at the i3! If Lexus made anything like that piglet, it would be panned to half death.
Any wild sexy coupe can be hot for the 1st two years, I need to see how i8 will fare after 3-5 model years to call it a real success or not.
And, the portion of i8 looks good, if BMW can fit it with big gas engines, I would say that it is probably selling very well also.

OMG so agree with your i3 comment. How that has gotten a pass sickens me. If it was a Toyota/Lexus, it would be the whipping boy for the internet.

Reactions
OMG so agree with your i3 comment. How that has gotten a pass sickens me. If it was a Toyota/Lexus, it would be the whipping boy for the internet.
The public attitude is different towards two brands, Lexus should not expect the same.

I didn't even notice much noise from media on i3. What is more, hundreds of people buy them each month, and put those ugly stuff on the roads.