Lexus LBX Megathread

Reactions
If the BX/LBX is based on the Yaris Cross, it would be one size smaller than the UX (which is based on the Toyota C-HR and Corolla Hatchback), so it would not be a replacement for the UX.

It also would not be available in North America, where the UX (and C-HR) are already too small.

LBX must be tiny because the UX seemed so small when i sat in it :O

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
If the BX/LBX is based on the Yaris Cross, it would be one size smaller than the UX (which is based on the Toyota C-HR and Corolla Hatchback), so it would not be a replacement for the UX.

It also would not be available in North America, where the UX (and C-HR) are already too small.

The UX isn't too small. It fits my 6ft. tall self perfectly.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
LBX must be tiny because the UX seemed so small when i sat in it :O
The UX isn't too small. It fits my 6ft. tall self perfectly.
The UX -- and no doubt the BX/LBX -- will fit the 6ft / 2m tall (North American and European male) driver but the back seat is tight (definitely not sized for the 6ft / 2m tall male but more suited for children not in child seats) and the cargo area is really small. These are aimed at commuters and not at families. If you are looking for a more family-friendly vehicle, Lexus will sell you the NX or RX.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
The UX -- and no doubt the BX/LBX -- will fit the 6ft / 2m tall (North American and European male) driver but the back seat is tight (definitely not sized for the 6ft / 2m tall male but more suited for children not in child seats) and the cargo area is really small. These are aimed at commuters and not at families. If you are looking for a more family-friendly vehicle, Lexus will sell you the NX or RX.

Correct. For one or two people the UX is fine. I'm a solo act so it suits me perfectly. But if you have anything bigger than newborns or toddlers you're going to need something bigger.

I thought you were saying the UX was too small for anybody or in general.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Any chance it is related to the crown sport cross?
Not if the LBX is based on the Yaris Cross. The Yaris Cross rides on the GA-B platform; the FWD Crowns ride on the 2-size larger GA-K platform.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Here’s the translation by Twitter.
”LBX, the new model in the B-SUV class, developed by the Japanese premium automotive brand Lexus upon the request of the European market, was introduced in Milan. I will convey my impressions, details and goals about the vehicle on June 5, when the embargo will end. But quite ambitious.”

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lexus really is different than before…
LM for Asia due to requests
TX here due to requests
BLX in Europe due to requests

They really are moving away from one vehicle all markets no matter if it’s good for that market

Will1991

Reactions
3-AFE271-E-1-C24-4-E44-A0-EC-D2858-DC054-D5.jpg

Here it is!

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
3-AFE271-E-1-C24-4-E44-A0-EC-D2858-DC054-D5.jpg

Here it is!

I got the interior too~😂

647c80f4a468600858a68de8.jpg

Looks a lot cleaner than the UX, assuming they are both around the same price range.
Center stack is reminiscent of recent M-Benz products.
Is that full 12.3'' gauge cluster?

321 say cheese~
647c87dba468600858a68e10.jpg

Length: 4,190 mm
Width: 1,825 mm
Height: 1,545 mm
Wheelbase: 2,580 mm
GA-B
1.5L 3 cyl. hybrid, 136 DIN hp / 185 Nm :eek:

Source: Turkish CNN

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Smaller than a crown sport. Similar size to UX but a foot shorter.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Feel little bit sad... in spy shot for CG like CT revival.... In fact it more refine Yaris Cross with hi-output hybrid powertrain....:(

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Not sure about the design… it kind of looks like a cute frog. It is clean overall though.

Interior door panel has more stitching and trim than the TX 😂

I still don’t understand “LBX” as the name - I was thinking the concept would be called “LBX” and the production model would be “BX” but this seems headed to production as LBX…? Strange the only other model outside of the LFA with this type of name is the cheapest?

What’s next, LSX 👀

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Lol the market it was made for will be happy to have it. Maybe if the demand is there they will get an FSP. I like the interior. Really nice

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Does look like a cute angry frog lmao... not sure if the design is distinctive enough though for the "lifestyle-city CUV" segment though..

The competition for reference:
1685906242207.png1685906310706.png

On second thought.. maybe the LBX does stand a chance 😁 And the Audi Q2 exiting the market is also opening some potential for market share.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Also just realized, first production Lexus with the upside-down, reversed L in the headlights first shown with the Lexus GT3 Concept.

1685907106951.png1685907117102.png

On an off-topic note, I wonder if the production TX is also going to be switching from the regular L-position to the upside down, reversed.
1685907146787.png