Lexus Future Product & Powertrain Megathread (II)

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
2025 seems interesting

Rivian being benchmarked

20211214-bev-22-1639491053.jpg

MrT

Reactions
What is the difference between RX500h's engine/drive train and crown max hybrid?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Those pictures are from Aisin Website, the reference about the 800V is from a interview (but I’m not recalling which one)

Also, we know from the BZ4X presentation that TMC is looking for a 30% energy efficiency improvement for next generation motors.
That, a better aerodynamics and lower weight should be enough to make the IS having a 600~700km range with the same battery pack found on the RZ450e.

keep in mind that 30% efficiency from next generation motors does not mean 30% more efficient vehicle.

Another annoying thing, in tests by pretty much everyone, BZ4X is not the most efficient per mile BEV in its size class. So next gen would be still catching up to where competition is today.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
keep in mind that 30% efficiency from next generation motors does not mean 30% more efficient vehicle.

Another annoying thing, in tests by pretty much everyone, BZ4X is not the most efficient per mile BEV in its size class. So next gen would be still catching up to where competition is today.

BZ4X is pretty forgetable vehicle in every way except in interior utility. Unless you really need BEV I think RAV4 Prime is hell a lot better deal.

JustADude

Fan
Reactions
What do you guys think could be in the GR GT3 car? I think this car could be a Lexus but who knows. The current G16E-GTS is tuned for very high performance and racing, so Toyota could make an inline 6 based off that 3 cylinder for the GT3 car. We see that the G16E can handle 450hp+ easily with some simple mods like changing gaskets and boost pressure, so we can easily see 650hp+ in the road car but less in the GT3 since I think 600hp is max power allowed. Also, this could very well be the supercar that rumors are saying Lexus is developing. Just my thoughts.

Reactions
I think the GR GT3 concept is the LFAII, and the overall design looks like a Lexus, especially the rear end. I still wonder why they choose the GR nameplate; maybe it’s because GR is helping Lexus to develop this car?

JustADude

Fan
Reactions
I think the GR GT3 concept is the LFAII, and the overall design looks like a Lexus, especially the rear end. I still wonder why they choose the GR nameplate; maybe it’s because GR is helping Lexus to develop this car?
I think so too. Maybe they want people to think it'll be a Toyota but will debut as a Lexus.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
What do you guys think could be in the GR GT3 car? I think this car could be a Lexus but who knows. The current G16E-GTS is tuned for very high performance and racing, so Toyota could make an inline 6 based off that 3 cylinder for the GT3 car. We see that the G16E can handle 450hp+ easily with some simple mods like changing gaskets and boost pressure, so we can easily see 650hp+ in the road car but less in the GT3 since I think 600hp is max power allowed. Also, this could very well be the supercar that rumors are saying Lexus is developing. Just my thoughts.
3 cylinder engine can be half an inline 6 cylinder engine, but an inline 6 cylinder engine cannot always a double 3 cylinder engine.

JustADude

Fan
Reactions
3 cylinder engine can be half an inline 6 cylinder engine, but an inline 6 cylinder engine cannot always a double 3 cylinder engine.
True. I should be saying that 650hp isn't stock, but can be tuned that highly in the aftermarket is what I was saying.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Inline-6 tends to be more than double inline-3 because it has better inherent balance. Better balance = less stress = more power potential. Inline-3 often has the least specific power potential while I6 and V8 have the most.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I'm really confused by BestCar's latest report that LF1 is coming next fall as well as the B-segment subcompact SUV, but does not mention TX or GX at all. They also expect LCP next year which contradicts some other rumors that 4Runnee is severely delayed.

Gor134

Follower
Reactions
They're prob reporting that based on old reports. Remember.. best carc can be wildly and unexpectedly accurate, like in the case of reporting that 4 Crown types are coming, but only 50% of the time they are correct

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I'm really confused by BestCar's latest report that LF1 is coming next fall as well as the B-segment subcompact SUV, but does not mention TX or GX at all. They also expect LCP next year which contradicts some other rumors that 4Runnee is severely delayed.
Could the 4R be decoupled from yester years traditional launch pattern?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The people talking about severe 4Runner/GX delays are wrong 😊

… but then again, so is the talk about the LF1. Maybe BestCar is losing touch…