Lexus Files Canadian and US Trademarks for RZ300e

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Yes, but FWD or AWD? BZ4X has the same power FWD and AWD (an exception in the industry to be followed soon).
AWD usually mean stronger regen in EVs, right?

As much as I'm tempted to cheapen out with a FWD or RWD EV, I think I'll go for a dual motor setup, likely with some torque vectoring.

Hopefully by 2025, there will be a handful of options. So far the only crossover EV that will have TVD is the 2024 Macan EV. I know I won't be disappointed until I have to go the dealership for repairs after the warranty period is over haha.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Yes, but FWD or AWD? BZ4X has the same power FWD and AWD (an exception in the industry to be followed soon).

bZ4x FWD has 201hp, bZ4x AWD is 214hp. I would expect RZ 300e to have the latter.

Will1991

Reactions
The UX300e uses the same FWD motor as the Toyota...

The IS300h had the same drivetrain as the GS300h, but the NX300h had a different power output so we have both options in Lexus history...

Honestly, the UX300e is so bad and so expensive for what's offered that I think Lexus will do a cheap RZ300e as a single-FWD motor with 150kW, without Direct4, without the yoke steering wheel and just kill the UX300e for the MY2023.
We already know for some time what's coming for the Hybrid UX, but nothing related to the BEV variant with production already on the way.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The UX300e uses the same FWD motor as the Toyota...

The IS300h had the same drivetrain as the GS300h, but the NX300h had a different power output so we have both options in Lexus history...

Honestly, the UX300e is so bad and so expensive for what's offered that I think Lexus will do a cheap RZ300e as a single-FWD motor with 150kW, without Direct4, without the yoke steering wheel and just kill the UX300e for the MY2023.
We already know for some time what's coming for the Hybrid UX, but nothing related to the BEV variant with production already on the way.
Regardless of price, the cars are of very different size. However green a car might be, for urban/peri-urban driving a smaller car is always better. So an electric UX just HAS to exist, or we could just stop making cars smaller the F150. What is going to power the electric UX? 50 PS electric motor? UX just needs to cost 30K. Car prices are ridiculous, and Covid, Semi-conductor shortage, Ukraine, inflation, price rises, gas spike, have nothing to do. All mentioned happened after car prices got ridiculously high.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Given the very high achievement ratios of eTNGA powertrains, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the RZ300e is faster than the RX350. BZ4X is over 2 tons and only 160kW yet does 0-60mph in less than 7 seconds. RZ300e will be a very practical option for many customers.