Lexus EV Manual

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I still don't understand why the simulated manual is such a priority for the EV LFA, given NONE of the past F products nor LFA have featured a manual transmission.

However, this is interesting that they have a working prototype this early already. Gives them A LOT of time to fine tune the system, and hopefully will be seamless and perfect by 2030.

Still confused if this upcoming EV supercar AND the LFR are "LFA Successors" as both seem to commonly referred to as such by the media.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Does anyone know why the GT3 version isn’t being promoted or advertised anywhere? Since this will be coming out before the electrified version.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I still don't understand why the simulated manual is such a priority for the EV LFA, given NONE of the past F products nor LFA have featured a manual transmission.
I don't have great visibility into that segment, but I've heard that one of the reasons the LFA wasn't taken totally seriously by the audience Lexus was going for at the time (although it's become much more desirable recently) was the lack of a manual. I have no idea if that will still be a factor by the time this ships, but it's good to have the option.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I would assume this is just some engineering exercise and nothing more cause this doesn't make any sense. At least not in form they show in video. The only reasonable implementation of manual in BEV I saw was in some Ferrari resurrection project where wheels were driven by two electric motors while engine was there just to produce the sound note and was not hooked to the axel.

mikeavelli

Reactions
My take is to give lifeless EV’s emotion. The LFA didn’t have a dual clutch. They made it knowingly slower but damn it shifted and made you feel things.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I feel like TMC is really interested in making something like this and bringing it to production. Of course this is the first time we are seeing a video of it in action but I can't help but remember the Toyota GR HV Concept.