Lexus ES with AWD

Reactions
Has anyone heard any updates as to when the AWD version of the car will be released. I have heard in different places that it will be in the 4th quarter of 2020 and others have said 2021.
Some have said it will be a 4cylinder engine and others have stated it will be a hybrid.
For those of you that own the 2019 or 2020 FWD car, what has your experience been with the vehicle in the snow. Specifically, how has it been in deep snow driving and how would you compare it to AWD vehicles you have driven in the same conditions.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Stephen

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I haven't heard anything concrete, but Toyota and Lexus have dropped a few clues. We do know that AWD versions of Toyota Camry and Avalon were announced ahead of the Los Angeles Auto Show last month. The AWD Camry goes on sale in early spring 2020 (2020 model year) while AWD Avalon goes on sale in fall 2020 (2021 model year). Both are only available with the 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine, a decision that disappoints me deeply. What little I've read regarding that decision revolves around lame excuses that the AWD mechanicals come primarily from the 4-cylinder-only RAV4 and that the Highlander's V6 AWD mechanicals are too bulky to fit in TNGA-K sedans (even though AWD Camrys and Avalons use the Highlander's prop shaft). Some also cite the overwhelming percentage of 4-cylinder vs V6 Camry sales.

Seeing the above leads me to believe that the mid-July ES 250 trademark filing is for the AWD Lexus ES. In other words, I'm thinking that the Lexus ES 250 will be AWD-only in the U.S. and Canada, might be a rare February 2020 Chicago Auto Show Lexus release and will go on sale next fall for the 2021 model year. A proper, sports-tuned ES 350 AWD with torque vectoring might make a suitable replacement for the departing GS line, but I'm pessimistically preparing myself for the latest in Toyota and Lexus's string of boneheaded decisions in making ES AWD only available in conjunction with the A25A-FKS 4-cylinder engine and nary a hybrid nor ES 350 AWD option in sight. I really want to be proven wrong and hope there will be an ES 350 AWD, but I'm fearing and dreading there won't be.