Lexus Enthusiast Podcast Episode 9: Interview with Lexus USA General Manager Jeff Bracken

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by krew, Nov 29, 2016.

1. krew
    krew Administrator
    krew [​IMG]

View the original article post

Den and Ian Schmidt like this.
  2. corradoMR2
    corradoMR2 Founding Member
    Don't see it in the Lexus Enthusiast podcast from my phone (using Podbean)... However, I'll connect to it via lexusenthusiast.com from my phone's browser and listen to it on my commute to work!

3. Brooks2IS
    Brooks2IS Premium Member
    Thanks Kevin! Always a treat.

4. Gecko
    Gecko Staff Member Administrator
    Cool to hear from Jeff, and it sounds like Lexus has some exciting product in the pipeline. I wish he could say more!

5. Ian Schmidt
    Ian Schmidt Staff Member Moderator
    I liked this one, would love to hear from him again after they announce some more product.

6. nabbun
    nabbun Premium Member
    Loved the interview.

A message to Lexus:

I can't wait until Lexus adopts Android Auto and Apple car play. Give people what they want. Not some dinky software that sucks. My family has owned Lexus vehicles since the brand's inception. I want to see Lexus innovate. Enform is ever so slightly better than Entune. The 2012 Camry hybrid i had drove me crazy with Entune. I punched and broke the screen in frustration! So, it's not saying much.

P.S. bring back the fancier key fobs. These Toyota key fobs are cheap and embarrassing. Thank god I never have to take them out of my pocket because you'd think I'm driving a corolla and not a GS 350. It's so embarrassing.

7. Stanri010
    Lexus wont be adopting carplay and android auto. Toyota decided to go with "Smart Device Link" over carplay or android auto. Stupid decision in my opinion. They think they can do a better job than Apple or Google. :/

macrumors.com/2016/01/04/toyota-smartdevicelink-over-carplay/

nabbun likes this.
  8. nabbun
    nabbun Premium Member
    I agree. It's stupid. I can't believe I have to actually consider buying a different brand to get a feature that I want.

9. Lexus Cohen
    It's like what Nokia did a few years ago to stick with Symbian instead of adopting android, now they have finally made the switch after falling behind!

nabbun likes this.
  10. krew
    krew Administrator
    Yeah, you can tell it was really bugging him not to be able to share more.

nabbun likes this.