Lexus diesel and estate cars

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
I am curious about Lexus diesel and estate models. I know that LX 470d was recently launched and second generation IS had a 220d. For my amazement I found about first gen IS estate variant (sportcross). Is there any other former or current diesel or estate models in Lexus lineup?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I am curious about Lexus diesel and estate models. I know that LX 470d was recently launched and second generation IS had a 220d. For my amazement I found about first gen IS estate variant (sportcross). Is there any other former or current diesel or estate models in Lexus lineup?

when it comes to diesels, you did not miss much :).

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
You pretty much summed it up regarding Lexus diesels and a wagon.

IS 200d (2AD-FTV)
IS 220d (2AD-FHV)

As for the IS Sportcross, Lexus should have kept it to compete with the Audi A4 Allroad wagon. Lexus should have even brought out an IS F Sportcross similar to the CTS-V wagon...could you imagine a 5.0L V8 in the IS Sportcross...yummy to my tummy...

LX 450d (1VD-FTV)

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Thank for the info! I agree that Lexus should have allroad estate car. Cars like A4 & A6 allroad, Octavia Scout, M-B E allterrain are popular in Europe.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
2017-Audi-A4-Allroad-rear-side-in-motion.jpg

Audi A4 Allroad

85a2d97dc918b500.jpg

Audi A6 Allroad. Man Lexus needs to bring a GS Sportcross to compete with the A6 Allroad.

Euro-spec-2015-Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-Wagon-right-side.jpg

Mercedes C Class wagon...oh yeah...

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Lexus should bring Avensis based luxury estate/allroad estate. Avensis was very popular in Europe. Powertrain should be 300 (200t), 450h, and PHV. That should knock germans down. Pricing for entry model 300 for just under 40000€. For Mercedes C-wagon is entry level and affordable because it's under 40000€.
Lexus could boost sales by 30% if they would bring gasoline models to EU. I think RC F is only gas model sold in EU. Models like UX200, IS 300, RC300 and NX 300 would cheer up sales.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 6

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
And Avensis is no more.

But I wouldn't mind if they build a new CT variant off the new Corolla Hatch.