18-05-23-lexus-lx-570.jpg

Sales start in June.
View the original article post

Last edited:
Reactions: Den

TheNerdyPotato

Follower
Reactions
Wow. Roughly $300k USD for the LX and LS? That's expensive. Does Egypt have some crazy import or tax scheme or is the currency exchange rate?

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Or it just could be the the income disparity in Egypt is so huge that it only makes sense to sell that high with volume so low.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Wow. Roughly $300k USD for the LX and LS? That's expensive. Does Egypt have some crazy import or tax scheme or is the currency exchange rate?

seems like there is 135% customs tariff on imported vehicles, plus whatever sales tax is.

But supposedly they might actually lower it down, hence Lexus entering.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Yeah very crazy
I paid around 500% on my current GS-F

There's custom tariffs and then a VAT
and the custom per car options if it had screens and leather so it takes you to a lux. level customs and so on

The good news that I can finally makes the services at Lexus dealer

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Something like that
You are nearly true

Ironically it cost me 3 million Egyptian pounds in 2016 when the 1 usd = 7 egp
Now if someone want to make something crazy as I did, it will cost him/her nearly 9 million Egyptian pounds :)

So I think the dealer cut a big portion of taxes after all to get the LX and LS with under 6 million, we can say that Lexus earn so little per car compared to BMW & Benz, both managed to build the S400 & 740 here in there own factories, and with less engines, so they have a lot of tax cancelation and still sticking up there cars

Edit: another note
Egypt is the main markets for the both germans, and annually they at least have a car in the top 10 most sold at least 1, so in many years you can find a 318 or 320 sold more than corolla & sentra, you won't see any RAV4", this is because the CC if it 1600 or lower the custom and taxes including VAT tends to ZERO, Toyota finally addressed this issue and built a factory for the current 2018 Fortuner, hope it will include more models later

Last edited: