Lexus dealers now posting factory window stickers for new vehicles on website

Reactions
I just noticed recently that most if not all US Lexus and Toyota dealers now show a new vehicle's window label, which wasn't not available before. I think that is good for transparency, so you don't have to guess what options/accessories and equipment are on a particular vehicle and obviously see the MSRP (Doesn't mean they don't install accessories). A few other brands have been doing this for years (Nissan, Hyundai from what I've seen), so I guess that's good practice these days when many dealers are price gouging.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
A lot of Lexus and Toyota dealerships have been doing this for years either in the form of VSPEC or the traditional Monroney Label. The only thing missing on a VSPEC are the NHTSA and EPA disclosures. Honestly it's not really new.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
A lot of dealers here in ATL didn't start doing that until recently either and it made shopping for my GX (and for a family friend looking for an RX 450hL last week) a lot easier.

Previously, a lot of the individual dealer listings just had interior/exterior color, MSRP and standard features for the description. Even right now if I look at dealers around me, their inventory system doesn't always load the right interior/exterior colors and referring to the actual window sticker answers a lot of questions. For example, the GX's rioja red interior loads as "alum alloy" on the dealer listing but is correct on the window sticker.

Reactions
A lot of Lexus and Toyota dealerships have been doing this for years either in the form of VSPEC or the traditional Monroney Label. The only thing missing on a VSPEC are the NHTSA and EPA disclosures. Honestly it's not really new.
When I've done searches on Toyota/Lexus, I've never seen the stickers available for them before until now at least. Honda, Mercedes and BMW still don't do it. GM, Ford and the others mentioned have been doing it for awhile, where its even on their own websites, so you can locate the car on the dealer lot. Toyota's own inventory search doesn't show you where a certain vehicle is with the option packages and what not, but its 'somewhere' near you.