Lexus CT Lexus CT Owner Blog: Done with Winter

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-04-07-lexus-ct-badge-blog-400x200.jpg

There's some last-minute snow drama in the latest update of my CT F SPORT blog.
View the original article post

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Nice polish krew!

This winter was way toooooo long which makes washing and polishing the car so much more special.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I can't believe it's almost been a year. I remember when you got your CT. Glad you're enjoying your CT...

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
Looking at your original pictures, I'd suggest a pair if Weathertech mats next winter - they'll save you a ton of clean up.

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Krew, those specks of contamination could be safely removed by some decontamination products such as Car Pro Iron X, Tar X, or TRIX prior to claying and polishing. I used to hate dealing with those surface rust and their appearance is common in the trunk lid, lower front quarter panels, door panels, etc.

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Looking at your original pictures, I'd suggest a pair if Weathertech mats next winter - they'll save you a ton of clean up.
I concur. WeatherTech mats are much better than the Lexus OEM ones (especially the ones from Lexus Canada which are good looking but not sufficient for our Winter).

You may take a look at the WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitFit for the CT which covers most of the left foot rest. It holds the dirt and snow pretty well. I have it on my IS. The only downside is you may see its wear on the driver's side (mainly the area where your right foot is) more obvious than traditional rubber mat (or WeatherTech all weather mats) if you are a pure perfectionist.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Krew, those specks of contamination could be safely removed by some decontamination products such as Car Pro Iron X, Tar X, or TRIX prior to claying and polishing. I used to hate dealing with those surface rust and their appearance is common in the trunk lid, lower front quarter panels, door panels, etc.

After washing the car a few more times, I've discovered that the contamination is much worse than I thought. The whole car is going to need treatment. On the plus side, I'm going to do a full feature on the detailing.

I'll definitely look into this Car Pro Iron X -- anything to reduce the grunt work of entire body.

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
After washing the car a few more times, I've discovered that the contamination is much worse than I thought. The whole car is going to need treatment. On the plus side, I'm going to do a full feature on the detailing.

I'll definitely look into this Car Pro Iron X -- anything to reduce the grunt work of entire body.

Go for the Iron X lemon scent as the original one smells pretty badly. The lemon scent version of Iron X is a bit better or at least it is more acceptable. For TarX or TRIX, you have to be careful not to spray them on sensitive plastic such as the clear ones.