Lexus Considers Trimming USA Vehicle Lineup

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I've seen some discussion here on discontinuing the GS and having the IS fill that role. What if they do that and then introduce a 2-seat compact RWD coupe?

The long-term viability of the RC is bad enough, last thing Lexus needs is another coupe.

I think when we talk about the IS replacing the GS, it's more about spirit than size. The IS might get a little bigger (and it should), but the ES is now the only Lexus mid-size sedan.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The long-term viability of the RC is bad enough, last thing Lexus needs is another coupe.

I think when we talk about the IS replacing the GS, it's more about spirit than size. The IS might get a little bigger (and it should), but the ES is now the only Lexus mid-size sedan.

We know the size of IS? It is slightly larger, more to match other cars in the class that grew larger than GS.
So I dont think they want to mess the IS, they just want to make it better, but still the same class vehicle.

LexiF

Fan
Reactions
I think Lexus should cancel the GX and consider introducing a couple of CUV’s and leave the rest of the line up...they speak about not selling enough units but why not introduce the full list of power trains available everywhere? US wants hybrids and Europe wants petrol why are they not taking this in to consideration? Surely if there is enough interest then there is enough profits to be made to be plausible?

I would truly hate for Lexus to start discontinuing more models like the beautiful GS...if the RC and LC come under threat then they are moving towards a company that will no longer market for myself and many people I know :pensive:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I think Lexus should cancel the GX and consider introducing a couple of CUV’s and leave the rest of the line up...they speak about not selling enough units but why not introduce the full list of power trains available everywhere? US wants hybrids and Europe wants petrol why are they not taking this in to consideration? Surely if there is enough interest then there is enough profits to be made to be plausible?

I would truly hate for Lexus to start discontinuing more models like the beautiful GS...if the RC and LC come under threat then they are moving towards a company that will no longer market for myself and many people I know :pensive:

they already are introducing new CUVs - UX this year and LQ in 2020... as to the RC and GS, those people who think they are the essence of Lexus, need to buy one. It ends up being as simple as that.

LexiF

Fan
Reactions
they already are introducing new CUVs - UX this year and LQ in 2020... as to the RC and GS, those people who think they are the essence of Lexus, need to buy one. It ends up being as simple as that.

Hold up mate the essence of Lexus should be in every model not a few, I was not stating the GS and RC was the only ones with essence! The GS is awesome, you don’t agree that’s your opinion but yeah if you want one there’s always a chance to buy an old one and maybe will be the same with the RC in the future...Great selling point! That will keep customers coming back instead of improved versions from the competition.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Hold up mate the essence of Lexus should be in every model not a few, I was not stating the GS and RC was the only ones with essence! The GS is awesome, you don’t agree that’s your opinion but yeah if you want one there’s always a chance to buy an old one and maybe will be the same with the RC in the future...Great selling point! That will keep customers coming back instead of improved versions from the competition.

what i tried to say is that nobody bought them, while everyone buys NX and RX, and probably soon UX... so you will see more those and less of the former.

I think it is pretty simple business case - cars that sell well get more investment and expanded lineups, while cars that dont sell well get cancelled.
RC should not get cancelled, it will be version of IS anyway and LC is certainly not going to be cancelled.