Lexus August 2016 Sales Report

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-09-01-lexus-nx-august-2016.jpg

Lexus was the #1 best selling luxury brand in the USA this month with 30,938 units sold.
View the original article post

ThePenguin

Follower
Reactions
Love it! Just think what the numbers will look like once the refreshed IS and new LS hit the lots :cool:

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Nicely done by Lexus in August, in a market that's cooling some off 2015 peaks.

Reactions
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...993/toyota-sales-slide-5-on-weak-cars-pickups
Lexus sales

Sales of each Lexus car nameplate fell at least 14 percent in August. Sales of the ES, the brand’s top-selling car, slid 20 percent to 5,840, while IS deliveries fell 22 percent.

Despite its car troubles, Lexus posted strong light-truck sales in August. While sales of the RX, the brand’s volume leader, edged up 0.8 percent to 9,701, NX deliveries rose 22 percent to 5,407, and GX sales climbed 12 percent to 2,493.

“Lexus luxury utility vehicle sales reached new heights in August, with a record NX sales month helping lead our brand to its best-ever year-to-date sales performance for our LUV lineup,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus general manager, in a statement. “With improving supply on our LUVs for the remainder of the year, we are looking for a strong close to 2016.”

James

Founding Member
Reactions
As we know SUVs are killing the market rt now but can you imagine when the RX gets a third row how many more sales it will have?

Also on the Lexus cars. I think the looks are fine but honestly they need more engines that are better performance related. 2.0 is fast enough for the slow people but the 3.5 isn't cutting it. I don't know if they need 3 engines but the IS and GS could be in the low to mid 5s that would help a lot. Also the IS needs a faster engine is they aren't going to bring the ISF back to compete with the Germans who all have a fast smaller sedan with an M, S, or AMG on it.

NX great month! Get a 3.0 engine!

mikeavelli

Reactions
As we know SUVs are killing the market rt now but can you imagine when the RX gets a third row how many more sales it will have?

Also on the Lexus cars. I think the looks are fine but honestly they need more engines that are better performance related. 2.0 is fast enough for the slow people but the 3.5 isn't cutting it. I don't know if they need 3 engines but the IS and GS could be in the low to mid 5s that would help a lot. Also the IS needs a faster engine is they aren't going to bring the ISF back to compete with the Germans who all have a fast smaller sedan with an M, S, or AMG on it.

NX great month! Get a 3.0 engine!

Yeah no growth sedans right now. The competition as well. Look how Benz now has two SUV "coupes" suddenly. The CUVs... It's what the market wants.

Oh, the jokes I could tell on this post! But I'll be nice.
I see you got it in Black Dynamite. Well played, sir.....well played.
BD

Please joke away.... :)

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Yeah no growth sedans right now. The competition as well. Look how Benz now has two SUV "coupes" suddenly. The CUVs... It's what the market wants.

I'd have to agree that small-to-mid-sized SUVs are the craze right now (witness the two newest mid-size additions, the Buick Envision and Cadillac XT5, with a smaller, compact Cadillac XT3 on the way). But, with Lexus already in the market with a mid-size RX and compact NX, the big question is if a smaller-than NX (sub-compact) Lexus SUV will be successful in the American market. Honda and Nissan have been successful with the HR-V and Juke (Mazda, less so with the CX-3)...but those are vehicles with mainstream, not upmarket nameplates. I know, of course, that opinions differ on that question, and, while not trying to sound evasive, mine is probably right on the borderline as to whether it would succeed or not.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
I'd have to agree that small-to-mid-sized SUVs are the craze right now (witness the two newest mid-size additions, the Buick Envision and Cadillac XT5, with a smaller, compact Cadillac XT3 on the way). But, with Lexus already in the market with a mid-size RX and compact NX, the big question is if a smaller-than NX (sub-compact) Lexus SUV will be successful in the American market. Honda and Nissan have been successful with the HR-V and Juke (Mazda, less so with the CX-3)...but those are vehicles with mainstream, not upmarket nameplates. I know, of course, that opinions differ on that question, and, while not trying to sound evasive, mine is probably right on the borderline as to whether it would succeed or not.

MM, I agree and something to keep an eye on with a future UX, but the GLA, X1, Q3 seem to be doing fairly well pushing 1500-2500 units per month. If this volume is measured as successful, I see no concerns for a UX to hit these volumes too.

mikeavelli

Reactions
MM, I agree and something to keep an eye on with a future UX, but the GLA, X1, Q3 seem to be doing fairly well pushing 1500-2500 units per month. If this volume is measured as successful, I see no concerns for a UX to hit these volumes too.

Indeed... I'm curious will the Infiniti qx 30 do well...