Lexus Announces 2016 LX 570 with All New Exterior & Interior Design

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by krew, Aug 13, 2015.

1. krew
    krew Administrator
    krew [​IMG]

View the original article post

CIF and Trexus like this.
  2. TheCarolinaKing
    Love the aggressive new front fascia!

3. Gecko
    Gecko Staff Member Administrator
    I really wasn't sure from the leaks, but I must say... I love it. This could pass as an all new model for 95% of the population and is going to sell like hot cakes.

CIF and RAL like this.
  4. RAL
    RAL Staff Member Moderator
    Once again ... L-Finesse at its finest!

5. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    Very well done for ANOTHER refresh. Love the red interior option.

I hope there is some sort of black headliner option.

It would have been compelling to see this in person at Pebble Beach and a selling point.

CIF, Lexus Cohen and Trexus like this.
  6. corradoMR2
    corradoMR2 Founding Member
    Really nice refresh a-la '13 LS. Should give the LX 3-4 more years of life in its current platform.

Paddle shifters? First time ever in the LX :D

One disappointment though. Although it's a beautiful steering wheel we first saw in the RX then the ES, it's now also the same in the GS AND LX. For a 90K SUV, Lexus could have produced a unique steering wheel. I don't want to see this same steering wheel in the LS or LC...

(CT, NX, IS, RC, GS F, also share a common steering wheel. Only the GX has it's own steering wheel unless the 2016 is getting one of the two wheels)
    [​IMG]

Andyl, CIF, Gecko and 1 other person like this.
  7. BOSS
    I love the front, everything goes accordingly, and finally some big wheels on the LX lol.

8. Lexus Cohen
    Very nice refresh, Lexus is definitely on a roll. Once I see this in my rear view I know it means get outta my way kid!

9. Ray99
    Ray99 Founding Member
    Wow, I love it. Can't wait to see the real thing.

10. Gecko
    Gecko Staff Member Administrator
    Considering the success of the refreshed GX, I can't see this being anything but a slam dunk... even at $90k.

CIF and mikeavelli like this.
  11. Lexus Cohen
    A LX FSport would make a great addition to the Lineup.

Gecko and mikeavelli like this.
  12. ccj4
    So disappointing that the third row seat hasn't changed. Won't be replacing my current LX with this one for that reason alone. Continuation of the rear swing out door on the GX makes it a no go for us to return to that platform.

mikeavelli likes this.
  13. mikeavelli
    This is a good point. That aggressive refresh (and lower pricing) did wonders. I wonder what the sales goals are for the LX? They sell around 300 a month so maybe getting to the 500 a month range? Not bad for a 90k SUV I guess.

When I saw the pic, I was kind of shocked it didn't change. That really limits things in an age where more flexibility seems to be added.

Lexus Cohen and Trexus like this.
  14. Lexus Cohen
    All their SUV's should have the same steering wheel and the cars should have the same steering wheel that differs from the SUV's.

RAL and corradoMR2 like this.
  15. Adrian de Leon
    All I can say is wow. This is a BIG step up from the current LX. And what I found surprising but not really is that LED lights are standard. But the ONLY flaw is what everyone else said is the 3rd row. Since this was a big refresh, Lexus should've also changed the way the 3rd row seats are integrated. Maybe the next gen LX would have an F model

16. corradoMR2
    corradoMR2 Founding Member

Regarding the comments about the disappointment on the 3rd row seats...

I honestly did not expect it to change since the '16 is a major cosmetic/tech overhaul. A change in the seats, for example ones as seemingly simple as folding into the cargo floor would have required major rear chassis/platform and suspension re-engineering.

CIF, RAL, mikeavelli and 1 other person like this.
  17. Adrian de Leon
    Didn't think about that earlier, that's true

RAL, mikeavelli and corradoMR2 like this.
  18. mikeavelli
    Interesting how this rendering was pretty close in regards to the 3D grill..

[​IMG]

19. krew
    krew Administrator
    krew [​IMG]

View the original article post

20. OlFius
    OlFius Founding Member
    I must nevertheless saying this: for someone from Europe, I must honestly say that this, the LX, gives me a big smile.
    I do not understand, this is indeed completely Lexus, but this is not a car, but rather a small truck or a container on wheels.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Lexus, but such cars on the European highways, and everybody starts laughing.
    With this car in a historical (European) city? Or find but once a parking lot in the city .... Maybe that's why the "auto" is not available in Europe, at least not according to the website lexus.eu ?
    I know very well that this car offers plenty of space, but a little less is more.
    Anyway, I can see it's a Lexus, you can not miss him, not ?

mikeavelli likes this.