Lexus Announces 2016 LX 570 with All New Exterior & Interior Design

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-08-13-lexus-lx-2016-400x200.jpg

After weeks of social media leaks, the updated 2016 Lexus LX 570 has officially debuted at an event in Pebble Beach.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I really wasn't sure from the leaks, but I must say... I love it. This could pass as an all new model for 95% of the population and is going to sell like hot cakes.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Very well done for ANOTHER refresh. Love the red interior option.

I hope there is some sort of black headliner option.

It would have been compelling to see this in person at Pebble Beach and a selling point.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Really nice refresh a-la '13 LS. Should give the LX 3-4 more years of life in its current platform.

Paddle shifters? First time ever in the LX :D

One disappointment though. Although it's a beautiful steering wheel we first saw in the RX then the ES, it's now also the same in the GS AND LX. For a 90K SUV, Lexus could have produced a unique steering wheel. I don't want to see this same steering wheel in the LS or LC...

(CT, NX, IS, RC, GS F, also share a common steering wheel. Only the GX has it's own steering wheel unless the 2016 is getting one of the two wheels)
2015_lexus_gx_460_steeringwheel.jpg

Reactions
I love the front, everything goes accordingly, and finally some big wheels on the LX lol.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Very nice refresh, Lexus is definitely on a roll. Once I see this in my rear view I know it means get outta my way kid!

Reactions
So disappointing that the third row seat hasn't changed. Won't be replacing my current LX with this one for that reason alone. Continuation of the rear swing out door on the GX makes it a no go for us to return to that platform.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Considering the success of the refreshed GX, I can't see this being anything but a slam dunk... even at $90k.

This is a good point. That aggressive refresh (and lower pricing) did wonders. I wonder what the sales goals are for the LX? They sell around 300 a month so maybe getting to the 500 a month range? Not bad for a 90k SUV I guess.

So disappointing that the third row seat hasn't changed. Won't be replacing my current LX with this one for that reason alone. Continuation of the rear swing out door on the GX makes it a no go for us to return to that platform.

When I saw the pic, I was kind of shocked it didn't change. That really limits things in an age where more flexibility seems to be added.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Really nice refresh a-la '13 LS. Should give the LX 3-4 more years of life in its current platform.

Paddle shifters? First time ever in the LX :D

One disappointment though. Although it's a beautiful steering wheel we first saw in the RX then the ES, it's now also the same in the GS AND LX. For a 90K SUV, Lexus could have produced a unique steering wheel. I don't want to see this same steering wheel in the LS or LC...

(CT, NX, IS, RC, GS F, also share a common steering wheel. Only the GX has it's own steering wheel unless the 2016 is getting one of the two wheels)
2015_lexus_gx_460_steeringwheel.jpg
All their SUV's should have the same steering wheel and the cars should have the same steering wheel that differs from the SUV's.

Reactions
All I can say is wow. This is a BIG step up from the current LX. And what I found surprising but not really is that LED lights are standard. But the ONLY flaw is what everyone else said is the 3rd row. Since this was a big refresh, Lexus should've also changed the way the 3rd row seats are integrated. Maybe the next gen LX would have an F model

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions

When I saw the pic, I was kind of shocked it didn't change. That really limits things in an age where more flexibility seems to be added.

But the ONLY flaw is what everyone else said is the 3rd row. Since this was a big refresh, Lexus should've also changed the way the 3rd row seats are integrated.

Regarding the comments about the disappointment on the 3rd row seats...

I honestly did not expect it to change since the '16 is a major cosmetic/tech overhaul. A change in the seats, for example ones as seemingly simple as folding into the cargo floor would have required major rear chassis/platform and suspension re-engineering.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
I must nevertheless saying this: for someone from Europe, I must honestly say that this, the LX, gives me a big smile.
I do not understand, this is indeed completely Lexus, but this is not a car, but rather a small truck or a container on wheels.
Don't get me wrong, I like Lexus, but such cars on the European highways, and everybody starts laughing.
With this car in a historical (European) city? Or find but once a parking lot in the city .... Maybe that's why the "auto" is not available in Europe, at least not according to the website lexus.eu ?
I know very well that this car offers plenty of space, but a little less is more.
Anyway, I can see it's a Lexus, you can not miss him, not ?