LC500

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
My understanding is that US deliveries will probably start about a week from now (now being May 11, 2017).

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Has anyone taken ownership of their new LC500?

I am still waiting. It apparently arrived in port May 9th and it still isn't in Indianapolis. INCREDIBLY SLOW. Tracking shows it's in Chicago and is scheduled to be transported to Indianapolis tomorrow, but I have learned not to get my hopes up. I hope I'll get it next week. I will let the forum know

Reactions
I got notice on May 25th my White/Red LC500 Touring had arrived. This is funny, because on the 26th I had back surgery. Well, it's been month now and I have been able to put a few hundred miles on it. I traded a '15 Black LS (my 4th LS) and I was concerned whether I was going to regret jumping out of one of the nicest riding vehicles on the planet into a coupe. I am not. The owner of the dealership has said he is planning before the summer is over, to rent one of the race tracks close (Cincinnati area). Has anyone taken theirs on a track yet? If so, your experience and what model configuration do you have? I never intended on putting this gorgeous machine on the track, which is why I chose to have a Touring built, but I'm considering doing it just this once.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I'm scheduled to take my LC to the track at the National Corvette Museum in KY (7-22) with a group called 10 10ths Motorsports. The group goes to tracks in Indianapolis, KY and Ohio (near Cincinnati). I plan on taking it 3 times over the summer. I'll let you know. Mine has the Sports Performance trim. I'm sure the Touring Trim will kick ass on the track

Reactions
Yes, please do. I wanted the all-wheel steering, and the rear active aero. I have been surprised and disappointed in how Lexus limits the options. As u know, its packages now. My wife fell in love the NX when it came out (the little 200t engine is fun to drive, I was shocked) In order for her to get the interior color she wanted, she had to forgo the auto windshield wiper option. I think that is ridiculous for a luxury brand. Did the performance package include all the toys, 4 wheel steering, torque-vectoring limited dif, active aero, etc. or could u pick and chose?

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I ordered it in January and the packages were limited . Mine had everything, including heads up display. I think there is a little more choice now but you still are quite limited in terms of mixing and matching. I completely agree that this is far from ideal (stupid) for a luxury brand

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
took my LC to the track at National Corvette Museum. Here is one picView attachment 2484

Nice shot. I like the Candy-Apple-Red paint job and camel-tan interior...very Ferrari-like. I take it that's you driving...and someone else took the shot.

How does that work at the Corvette Museum? Do they rent out time and laps at the track....I guess with a discount for Corvette owners LOL?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
That's a great photo!

How's the museum's recovery from that sinkhole doing? It was awful watching the security cam footage of it swallowing all those one-of-a-kind Vettes a few years back.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
How's the museum's recovery from that sinkhole doing?

Thanks for bringing that up. I had forgotten about that sinkhole-collapse at the Museum.

Given the topography and sub-soil of Kentucky, with its vast areas of limestone and erosion, though, it's not surprising. The largest known cavern in the U.S. is in the state....Mammoth Cave. Florida is another state with constantly-forming sinkholes.

Back to the LC, I'm looking forward to (maybe) a test-drive of one myself late in the year....IF our local Lexus dealerships here can get any unsold ones in stock. A new LC would be a good candidate for this year's Annual Holiday review....which I do each year in November or December.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
That's a great photo!

How's the museum's recovery from that sinkhole doing? It was awful watching the security cam footage of it swallowing all those one-of-a-kind Vettes a few years back.

They have memorialized the sink hole. They build a structure around it and the is a large glass (plexiglass) so you can look down and see all the mangled vettes! quite interesting in fact.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Nice shot. I like the Candy-Apple-Red paint job and camel-tan interior...very Ferrari-like. I take it that's you driving...and someone else took the shot.

How does that work at the Corvette Museum? Do they rent out time and laps at the track....I guess with a discount for Corvette owners LOL?

I am part of a group called 10 -10ths Motosports. They rent the track for the weekend and have a bunch of us drivers pay a fee ($345 for a day), $675 for 2, I think. I went for one day. Drivers are divided into 3 groups, Novice (that's me), intermediate, and advanced. The novice drivers must drive with an instructor and attend 2 30-min classes (one in morning and one in afternoon). Novices get 5 times on the track with instructor, each period is 30 minutes. the other 2 groups get 7 30-min periods. There also are 2 additional opportunities to drive the track for everyone (called touring laps, with a max speed of 50 mph and no passing).

Novices can only pass each other on straigtaways and must get a point-bye. Intermediate can pass anywhere but need point-byes, advanced can pass anywhere with no point byes. It was really a RUSH. Nothing like driving fast on regular roads. I picked up quickly and eventually no one was passing me. The group stresses safety and politeness, and to leave one's ego at the gate. I will add that I was surprised to find that my best segments on the track were corners. I was a little hesitant to floor it on the straits bc I would have to brake pretty quickly (I'm learning that though). However, on corners I was really good, caught up to a range of cars including this little miata and that white Cayman GTS (in background). The LC was exceptionally good on the corners and the rear steer really helped out there. I'm going to a track in Michigan later in August. :) 256A9985.jpg 256A0955.jpg

256A9985.jpg