LC RUN FLATS VS NON RUN FLATS

Reactions
I have a 2018 LC 500 with 21 inch run flats and the performance package. my car has 13,000 miles and the ride is very rough in most ride settings including comfort. I would really like to put non-run flats but Lexus corporate says it is not an option due to safety concerns
Would appreciate hearing others in the same or similar predicament and specifically what you have done with tires

Reactions
I plan on trying to switch to conventional myself. Problem I have run into is the garage will state they can't and or they won't because of a lack of a spare. Saftey issue I would not be concerned with, that's like saying that the conventionals are not capable of service on the LC

Reactions
I would like to know what tires you are contemplating to replace the run flats. I was going to call tire rack because the Lexus dealerships do not encourage non-run flats. anxious to hear what you come up with. thanks

Reactions
they don't encourage because they don't want the liability, you will not be exceeding the specs on the conventionals anyway. Just keep in mind, no spare.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I hate run flats and getting rid of them makes the LC a much better car. It will handle and drive better. Run-flats even as they have improved are still a compromise so they can offer the 50 miles or so run-flat feature.

For the best tire, Michelin Super Sports. I am also very happy with Nitto and Toyo. Pirelli for me has been hit or miss.

I have 22" wheels now on 255/35/22 and 305/30/22 Pirelli P Zero Nero tires and it rides much better and handles much better. The car is sticker and feels more planted (i have changed my suspension to RS-R as well).

Obviously the negative is if something happens, you might need a tow. I have a portable digital air pump that plugs into the car and a can of fix of flat in the trunk just in case. $40 total for some piece of mind on conventional tires.

Reactions
My experience with the run flats on my LC is over. Put 4 new non RF pirelli pzero and what a difference in handling along with the ride quality. I have and never will be an advocate for Rflats and I’ve had my share.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I'm changing my setup to the new Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Thursday.

Reactions
tires look like they will do what your looking for, are they run flats?

Attachments

• 8762CED9-AA54-4CBA-B288-56A53C565990.jpeg
    8762CED9-AA54-4CBA-B288-56A53C565990.jpeg
    824.3 KB · Views: 0