L/certified w/71k miles when sold?

Reactions
I'm looking at a 2013 RX350 w/71k miles. It was inspected, L/certified and listed at 68k but has been used as a courtesy car for 2,500 miles. The saleswoman says that going forward, a service department will only care that the car was entered into the system as Certified, and not pay attention to the fact that we paid and took delivery over 70k miles. They have performed the 70k mile service so she said we would get the 75, 80, 85, and 90k services.

Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Seems confusing, but I guess it shouldn't be a problem if you go to that same dealership for service.

Get it in writing.

Reactions
You should have received a document clearly stating that your particular RX is certified when you bought the RX. That's your written assurance that your car is certified. I agree that you need to return to that dealer for service--at least the first time--to see what happens.

When visiting other Lexus forums, I have noticed that many Lexus vehicles are sold as certified when they likely should not have been. Even vehicles involved in accidents. After all, that's another $2000 or so in the dealer's pocket.

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
Contact your local Lexus Service department and ask for a Service Consultant to check to see if the vehicle is an L/CERT. Have your full VIN# handy and they'll be able to see if it is or not.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
+1000 on the get this in writing, and figure out how Lexus has the car setup in terms of CPO length and warranty.

The CPO end date would be my concern, since if its a 13, from my basic understanding, the CPO warranty would expire in 2019-20 depending on original purchase date? Mileage is irrelevant based on the CPO warranty terms.