Kia K900 and Cadenza Are Dead for 2021

Reactions
On the topic of dead cars, Kia finally throws in the towel for its biggest sedans. Kind of pointless to have 4 of them in the lineup when there is overlap with Genesis too; the Stinger has enough competition already and is barely surviving this crossover dominated market.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
So the mid and full size mainstream sedans will be a pure Japanese+ the sonata!

Well, the Chevy Malibu and Impala are still listed on their web-site, but they are or will soon be out of production.

Mid-size VW sedans are available in the U.S.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Lincoln Continental and MKZ are dead too.

Lexus will be getting ideas, no doubt about it...

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Yes
Even VW Golf is no more
We can say it will be a pure Japanese category within decade at most

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Yes they are back in charts
But they will still for at least another 2 or 3 generations for 2 reasons

1) Toyota have shares in both Mazda and Subaru and in order to give the Camry it's usual hype they may even support both of them to keep the 6 and the legacy in market , by the way this may goes also with the Avalon, which outside of NA especially in Mideast and Russia increases in its sales numbers in 2020 for the 3rd year despite the covid

2) Mazda and Subaru already somehow announced that there will be a new 6 & legacy

Reactions
Yes they are back in charts
But they will still for at least another 2 or 3 generations for 2 reasons

1) Toyota have shares in both Mazda and Subaru and in order to give the Camry it's usual hype they may even support both of them to keep the 6 and the legacy in market , by the way this may goes also with the Avalon, which outside of NA especially in Mideast and Russia increases in its sales numbers in 2020 for the 3rd year despite the covid

2) Mazda and Subaru already somehow announced that there will be a new 6 & legacy
You said "We can say it will be a pure Japanese category within decade at most"...Koreans aren't going away unlike the Americans. Definitely Russia, EMEA and China are still viable sedans markets, and all these companies mostly sell the same models there too, though I don't know what the sales are for each. When I watch many of those Russian dash cam videos, I probably almost think they're filmed in the US since they drive the same sedans there too.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Ok
Yes all the top 3 from Kia and top 2 from Hyundai still available in those regions

But in comparing , sales wise they're not that much to be sustained

I am talking mainly about EMEA and post Soviet

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I never understood the strategy of bringing them here.

That decision was probably made before the Genesis Division was formed. It was the Genesis division which really prevented K900 sales. It's a little less-clear with the Cadenza, which does not have RWD like the Genesis sedans, but, in general, the market for large sedans, in general, has been weak in the U.S. for several years.