krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-07-26-lexus-japan-nx-hero.jpg

Lexus Japan is releasing the same special edition NX announced in the USA last week, here’s a few new angles of the Grecian Water exterior paint:

20-07-26-lexus-nx-japan-special-edition-blue-8-400x200.jpg

20-07-26-lexus-nx-japan-special-edition-blue-2-400x200.jpg

20-07-26-lexus-nx-japan-special-edition-blue-3-400x200.jpg

20-07-26-lexus-nx-japan-special-edition-blue-4-400x200.jpg

20-07-26-lexus-nx-japan-special-edition-blue-5-400x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Reactions
I don't understand why they waste money on these special editions. Just spend that towards the redesign already.

Reactions
I don't understand why they waste money on these special editions. Just spend that towards the redesign already.
Gotta move those existing frames first. 2022 NX is going to soon enter production so no need to worry about money being wasted on special editions

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Gotta move those existing frames first. 2022 NX is going to soon enter production so no need to worry about money being wasted on special editions
These special editions are one of those perverse moves of automotive marketing.

Now that everyone knows that a new model is imminent, what probably would happen is that potential buyers of the NX will wait until the new model shows up at the dealers, leaving this year's models sitting and collecting dust on dealer lots. To keep up the traffic of buyers going to the dealers, the automaker offers flashy special editions (at special prices) to try to attract buyers.

As for spending this money on the new model, the money to be spent on the engineering of the new model has already been spent (engineering design of the new model is complete and only final testing and preparation for mass production is happening now); and the cost of the special edition's flash will pay for itself in the retail price the buyers pay -- no money is being wasted if it attracts buyers into a showroom.