Jaguar F-Pace Debuts in Frankfurt

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
jaguar-c-x17-concept-frankfurt-2013-1-1.jpg

Jaguar makes sports cars and it makes luxury sedans, but it is set to expand into new territory altogether at the Frankfurt Motor Show this coming September. That's where and when it will reveal theF-Pace, Jaguar's very first crossover, and the production version of the C-X17 concept pictured here.

Developed with critical input from sister-company Land Rover, the Jaguar F-Pace is being billed as a "sports crossover," with a more on-road focus than the SUVs of its off-road counterpart. Expect a range of engines to draw principally off of the new Ingenium family of four-cylinder gasoline and diesel powerplants, capped by Jag's signature supercharged V6 – just like the new XE sedan with which it will share much of its underpinnings. We can always hope, though, for an even more potent SVR version to follow with the JLR's sensational 5.0-liter supercharged V8.

The Frankfurt reveal will mark two years since the C-X17 concept was first presented at the same show in 2013. Its arrival, coupled to that of the aforementioned XE, promise to push Jaguar's global output up from around 80,000 units last year to more than 200,000 once both models hit their stride.

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/06/jaguar-f-pace-frankfurt-debut-report/#image-1

What are your thoughts?

Aside from the crazy name, I'm very excited to see what Jaguar delivers in a CUV. The company's work with lightweight materials has yielded some great results, and they've been on a roll with delivering cars that drive well and appeal to enthusiasts. This could be a very credible challenger to the Cayenne, I think.

I will give Jaguar credit for not including an "X" in the name of their CUV :D ;)

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Far too much Range Rover in the overall design, but I suppose that's to be expected. I've always had a soft spot for Jaguar, and honestly want them to succeed.

Look forward to seeing this in the flesh.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I don't really see much RR... this seems much curvier. I look forward to the final reveal as well!

mikeavelli

Reactions
This car might save Jag....I think its beautiful for a SUV....and with the new Q7 looking rather bland, this is a new option for people.

We all know any SUV sells for the most part. I can't see this not doing extremely well.

Reactions: CIF

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Here's some shots of the C-X17's interior. My strong guess, though, is that it will not look like this in production.

Jaguar%2BC-X17%2BConcept%2B2013%2BWallpaper%2B002.jpg

16.jpg

Jaguar-C-X17-10.jpg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
01-jaguar-f-pace-frankfurt-1.jpg

02-jaguar-f-pace-frankfurt-1.jpg

05-jaguar-f-pace-frankfurt-1.jpg

06-jaguar-f-pace-frankfurt-1.jpg

07-jaguar-f-pace-frankfurt-1.jpg

13-jaguar-f-pace-frankfurt-1.jpg

After much teasing, Jaguar finally introduced the new F-Pace, the company's first ever crossover, at the2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. Of course, we had to trek over to the Jaguar stand to have a look.

As we already know a very great deal about the new F-Pace, we'll just recap some of the finer points. Prices for the five-place CUV begin at $42,390, which will score you a model with a 340-horsepower, 3.0-liter, supercharged V6. If you'd like the 380-hp version of that engine – along with a lot more equipment – prepare to pony up $56,700. The very cheapest way into the F-Pace, though, will be with the 2.0-liter, turbodiesel four-cylinder, which starts at $40,990, offers up a modest 180 hp, 317 lb-ft of torque, and an on-sale date of sometime late in 2016.

An eight-speed automatic transmission is the sole gearbox for the two V6 models, although Jag hasn't said what gearbox it will pair with the diesel mill. Naturally, all-wheel drive will be on offer, but rear-wheel drive come standard. Brake-based torque vectoring and adaptive dampers promise a leaper-worthy handling character, while wheel sizes vary from 18 to 22-inch wheels. Speaking of that all-wheel-drive system, while this may not be a Land Rover, it still promises a degree of off-road ability.

The wading depth is an adequate 20.7 inches, while the approach and departure angles are 25.5 and 25.7 degrees, respectively. As we said, that's not the equal to even the lowliest of Land Rovers, in this case the Discovery Sport, which can wade up to 23.6 inches, manage angles up to 25 degrees on approach, 31 degrees on departure, and features an advanced Terrain Response system. Those that were worried Jaguar's CUV would be stealing the thunder from the off-roaders at Land Rover – like your author – look to have been mistaken.

Unsurprisingly, that handsome body is mostly aluminum, although there's some high-strength steel, and even a bit of magnesium and composite material, all of which contributes to a torsional rigidity on par with the lower-riding XF sedan.

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/15/2017-jaguar-f-pace-frankfurt-2015/#slide-3622815

mikeavelli

Reactions
I'm in love, the interior is a bit staid but the exterior speaks to me. New Jags drive fantastic as well. This lowered on 22s...YAAASSSSS lol

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I'm in love, the interior is a bit staid but the exterior speaks to me. New Jags drive fantastic as well. This lowered on 22s...YAAASSSSS lol

Yes, the interior does look a bit staid by traditional Jag standards. They simply don't do the big swaths of wood all across the dash any more.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
This is going to be a 100% hit, especially with a starting price of $44k. Love the exterior -- interior is dull, but it's a small price to pay.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Agree with you guys... this is going to be huge for them. It's really more NX/X3 in size. 380hp is a lot in something with that footprint!

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Great exterior, very mundane interior. Good points Gecko, this is closer to NX/X3 size, than RX/Cayenne/X5 size. So fairly pricey for its class, but will of course be pushed mostly on its styling and performance.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Agree with you guys... this is going to be huge for them.

Agreed from a relative standpoint, but, in sheer numbers, "huge", by Jaguar standards, usually doesn't take a whole lot of sales. They have never been very popular in the American market.....partly from the image of unreliability.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
This will sell better than most Jags, (not that anybody expects Jags to sell at rates of BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Audi). I expect to see some at local country club, being a stylish (Cayenne/Mecan-like) and less common SUV will be considered a plus by that crowd.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
This will sell better than most Jags, (not that anybody expects Jags to sell at rates of BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Audi). I expect to see some at local country club, being a stylish (Cayenne/Mecan-like) and less common SUV will be considered a plus by that crowd.

I agree,though, with CIF, Krew, and Lexfather, that what sales it does ring up will be likely from exterior styling. Although styling is usually subjective, in the eyes of many people (even if they don't buy one), there never was, and probably never will be, an ugly Jag.