Rydo

Follower
Reaction score
Quick note, Lexus posted on their UK Blog the other day about the updated LS making its European debut.

2021 LS Makes its Premiere

This whilst Lexus don't bring the updated IS to Europe - you can imagine that the 10k plus strong owners group on Facebook are absolutely perplexed.

Lexus are committed to bringing the updated version of their LS, which has ONE used, that's right, ONE for sale right now in the entirety of the UK, but they won't bring the next IS. I understand that is due in the most part to emissions issues - but still.

Oh, and out of interest, here is the ONE solitary used LS500h that is for sale in the entire UK...

Lexus LS500h For Sale

Will1991

Admirer
Reaction score
@Rydo, at first I wasn’t understanding how Europe won’t get the beautifully refreshed Lexus IS, but now... It’s for the best really...

Do you really think it’s a good decision for Lexus to bring a (basically) a new car (style wise) with a 7 year old hybrid powertrain?
I don’t... IMO.

spwolf

Expert
Reaction score
@Rydo, at first I wasn’t understanding how Europe won’t get the beautifully refreshed Lexus IS, but now... It’s for the best really...

Do you really think it’s a good decision for Lexus to bring a (basically) a new car (style wise) with a 7 year old hybrid powertrain?
I don’t... IMO.
problem with Lexus IS in Europe is pricing, not the hybrid system, which is still superior to what Germans offer.
It is not possible for them to compete with 3/A4/C that are often $15k cheaper with special packages, even if IS was brand new and competitive, it would still die off in 3rd year because of this.

mediumhot

Follower
Reaction score
Do they talk about headlights? Would love to hear the reasoning why they replaced contemporary cluster with this VW bs like headlight. It's also great they've brought back the self-parking feature they've had over a decade ago.