bogglo

Follower
Reaction score
Lol after seeing the new S class yeah Lexus is in good hands. That interior looks like placing a tablet behind the stairing wheel and placing a laptop in the center I bet the HUD is a projector lol

CRSKTN

Admirer
Reaction score
I'm quite excited to see some videos of what the Lexus Teammate can do.

Lexus will reveal its first car with autonomous driving capability this year but buyers will not be able use the feature to take their eyes off the road until an upgrade is issued at a later date.
The new model will be "hands off but not eyes off," Lexus President Koji Sato told Automotive News Europe on the sidelines of a Toyota press event here. "It will start from Level 2 but it will have over-the-air updates so that for the future we can update the level," Sato said.
The new Lexus model will feature an automated driving system called Highway Teammate developed by Denso that uses lidar as well as cameras to help guide the car.

The technology will enable the Lexus to automatically change lanes, follow lanes and pass vehicles in highway driving.
"Denso's opinion is that Level 3 is a bit of a compromise," Kumabe said. "I think that way of thinking is on the increase."

Lexus' Sato said current system for categorizing autonomous levels was too vague to be helpful. "Level 2 can almost cross to Level 3, and Level 3 sometimes also can be Level 2," he said.
Lexus's aim is roll out the technology to all models. "All out vehicles need to offer safe, confident drive," he said. "Our aim is to share and roll out this technology to other vehicles."

krew

Expert
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

The updated Lexus LS flagship sedan will be offered with Lexus Teammate, a Level 2 autonomous driving system capable of automatically changing lanes and passing other vehicles on the highway. However, the technology may only be offered in Japan initially — from Automotive News:

Lexus Teammate, the company said, incorporates artificial intelligence and deep learning “for predicting and responding to various situations possibly encountered.”
The updated LS goes on sale in Japan later this year. Lexus declined to give further details about launches in other markets. Lexus Teammate is initially geared toward Japanese laws and regulations.

Lexus Teammate uses lidar to navigate on the highway, which can keep the vehicle in its lane, maintain vehicle-to-vehicle distance, change lanes and overtake other...
Continue reading...

internalaudit

Admirer
Reaction score
Alex gave Handling a "B" and Ride an "A+", both due to soft ride of the adaptive air suspension.
So typically compromise between the two? I have seen Alex put A's on both or maybe one is an A-. Don't recall which vehicle though.

ssun30

Expert
Reaction score
So typically compromise between the two? I have seen Alex put A's on both or maybe one is an A-. Don't recall which vehicle though.
That's possible only with a fully active suspension which is a reliability and maintenance nightmare.

I think the last generation LS600hL had a fully active system, but somehow they have standardized to the semi-active AVS for all TNGA products.

internalaudit

Admirer
Reaction score
That's possible only with a fully active suspension which is a reliability and maintenance nightmare.

I think the last generation LS600hL had a fully active system, but somehow they have standardized to the semi-active AVS for all TNGA products.
Or probably with hocus pocus, like torque vectoring differential.

Torque vectoring on the rear axle is usually preferred for most vehicles, correct? The mid-engine NSX has torque vectoring upfront.

spwolf

Expert
Reaction score

in any case, i very much doubt old LS600hL handled anywhere close to LS500h, whatever active suspension system was.