Berto3818

Fan
Reaction score
All changes that were necessary to fix refinement issues on both the hybrid which was drug through the dirt because of it loud noises and not enough power and the noise from the TTV6. No can complain now about the infotainment, this will be much better than the original release

Sulu

Follower
Reaction score
Sorry, that did not clear it up for me. Please clarify -- again.

Is the LC F postponed indefinitely -- meaning that the project is on hold, with no date (at this moment) when it will be restarted (or cancelled outright)? Or is the LC F cancelled outright -- meaning the project is definitely stopped, with no possibility of restarting it again?
The former, but there is a chance that it will not be resurrected.
The optimistic -- the glass-half-full -- among us still have hope, then. You are telling us that the project has not been cancelled outright, just that it has been put aside in favour of higher-priority projects in this time of restraint.

Hamed Al Ketbi

Admirer
Founding Member
Reaction score
I personally love the new facelift. Yes the current LS has a better front light but compared to the new s-class this looks way better!! Plus I’m sure when it comes to the showrooms, Lexus will have it’s own touch of refinement!!

Plus I really didn’t like the screen design, kinda look cheap material was used! Probably to keep the reliability to its best. Otherwise, overall it’s simply the best!!

Ian Schmidt

Expert
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally love the new facelift. Yes the current LS has a better front light but compared to the new s-class this looks way better!! Plus I’m sure when it comes to the showrooms, Lexus will have it’s own touch of refinement!!
With Mercedes confirming the Tesla-clone interior on the new S Class I definitely think LS is in a strong position, especially if Teammate is good.

Berto3818

Fan
Reaction score
I agree @Ian Schmidt that interior in the new class is ugly. I waited to get mine so i wanted to see the changes. I'm finally making the move next year.

Hamed Al Ketbi

Admirer
Founding Member
Reaction score
With Mercedes confirming the Tesla-clone interior on the new S Class I definitely think LS is in a strong position, especially if Teammate is good.
Yes you’re right. And I really like the fact that Lexus did the update sooner with upcoming S class as they both will compete with the new feature of AI autonomous driving. And we all know Lexus been working for years on that. Can’t wait to see Lexus win

meth.ix

Admirer
Reaction score
I feel the LS F should be much lower priority than an LC F. A high performance flagship luxury sedan is an extremely niche segment. Especially given the fact that F vehicles sell a lot lower than their german rival counterparts, an LS F would be an unwise investment for Lexus. The costs for developing one would definitely be better off in IS F or next-gen RC F development, vehicles that have a lot more potential in the F brand image. Maybe one day if F is more successful and close to the level of M, AMG and RS, then Lexus can consider making seemingly pointless F models like Mercedes-AMG is doing now (they have a performance model for almost every Benz model, if not all of them).

Reaction score
The optimistic -- the glass-half-full -- among us still have hope, then. You are telling us that the project has not been cancelled outright, just that it has been put aside in favour of higher-priority projects in this time of restraint.
Oh no I forgot to tell you this part too...... Almost all projects at Toyota/Lexus (bar a certain few that's really integral to Toyota Motor Corporation) have been put on hold or are cancelled indefinitely (we're not sure which is which exactly but the LC F is one of the projects that is cancelled indefinitely) as nobody can actually go and develop the cars because of COVID-19 restrictions.

Ah there you go LOL I found the right word, "on hold" is a better way of describing it. The LC F project is on hold like the many other projects that were in development, but there is a chance that the project may be put down for good, so let's hope that's not the case and the car still pulls through after the dust settles from the pandemic. I just wanted to clarify that this car is not shelved so they can prioritize other "higher-priority projects" because a lot of those cars are probably on hold or are cancelled (be it indefinitely or forever) bar a few important cars.

I'll even find the quote from A70TTR who works at Toyota/Lexus with a lot of their future projects and I'll edit it here.

Last edited:

James

Admirer
Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh no I forgot to tell you this part too...... Almost all projects at Toyota/Lexus (bar a certain few that's really integral to Toyota Motor Corporation) have been put on hold or are cancelled indefinitely (we're not sure which is which exactly but the LC F is one of the projects that is cancelled indefinitely) as nobody can actually go and develop the cars because of COVID-19 restrictions.

Ah there you go LOL I found the right word, "on hold" is a better way of describing it. The LC F project is on hold like the many other projects that were in development, but there is a chance that the project may be put down for good, so let's hope that's not the case and the car still pulls through after the dust settles from the pandemic. I just wanted to clarify that this car is not shelved so they can prioritize other "higher-priority projects" because a lot of those cars are probably on hold or are cancelled (be it indefinitely or forever) bar a few important cars.

I'll even find the quote from A70TTR who works at Toyota/Lexus with a lot of their future projects and I'll edit it here.
I feel better now!

yiantony

Fan
Reaction score
The blade headlight is not coming to US right? The changes overall are minor, which I would have thought a bad thing. However, after seeing what Mercedes is gonna bring to S, I would rather the carmaker still retain what was regarded as 'old' instead of bringing Tesla clone.

Ian Schmidt

Expert
Staff member
Reaction score
The blade headlight is not coming to US right? The changes overall are minor, which I would have thought a bad thing. However, after seeing what Mercedes is gonna bring to S, I would rather the carmaker still retain what was regarded as 'old' instead of bringing Tesla clone.
To my knowledge, the blade headlights and digital mirrors are currently not street-legal in the US.

I feel like the changes to the LS are exactly what it needed: more authoritative acceleration, a softer ride, and less engine noise. In other words, correcting back towards traditional luxury but while keeping (and adding) the latest tech.

suxeL

Follower
Reaction score
I assume the digital mirror is different from the highlander and venza ones which retain a regular rearview mirror, but can be flipped via a switch?

spwolf

Expert
Reaction score
I assume the digital mirror is different from the highlander and venza ones which retain a regular rearview mirror, but can be flipped via a switch?
It is the same product, just better resolution/screen

suxeL

Follower
Reaction score
It is the same product, just better resolution/screen
Then I dont see why they wouldnt bring that over stateside. The blade scan lights, unless lexus gets an exception probably are not making it through

CRSKTN

Admirer
Reaction score
I am so stoked to see what the highway teammate can do. I hope it doesnt remain LS only.

Sulu

Follower
Reaction score
To my knowledge, the blade headlights and digital mirrors are currently not street-legal in the US.
Active headlight high beam control (e.g. the BladeScan headlight) is illegal in the USA, as is the digital side view (wing) mirror, but the digital interior rear view mirror is now legal and has been since 2016, after the Cadillac CT6 first introduced it.

The technology has had some regulatory hurdles to overcome because it puts a screen into the driver's field of view. It received approval in the United States last year, and that only happened because it's an optional function.

"If it was something that was never able to turn off, that's when it becomes a safety hazard," says Mark Boyadjis, automotive analyst at IHS Markit.

Other car makers are seeing growing demand from their customers now that the technology is allowed. General Motors, for one, began offering rear-view screens last year as an option in the Cadillac CT6, with expansion following – including in Canada – to the Cadillac XT5, Chevrolet Traverse and Bolt.
Source: The Globe and Mail, Published December 6, 2017

It looks to me like a loophole because the streaming video rear view function is an option that can be turned off (switching to a regular rear view mirror).

Sulu

Follower
Reaction score
I am so stoked to see what the highway teammate can do. I hope it doesnt remain LS only.
And will it actually beat Tesla's just-announced, self-proclaimed Level 5 system? :laughing:

I believe Teammate will eventually trickle down but I wonder how much the option will cost?

suxeL

Follower
Reaction score
And will it actually beat Tesla's just-announced, self-proclaimed Level 5 system? :laughing:

I believe Teammate will eventually trickle down but I wonder how much the option will cost?
Not to be cynical but what part of Level 5 functionality is considered "basic"?