7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
China I think too.
Yes I found this on lexus.com.cn.
ES 200采用2.0升低能耗直列四缸自然吸气发动机
Also Taiwan and Malaysia has ES200. It is very strange that Lexus doesn't introduce ES250 to Japan or Europe as they are still quite efficient. Most sold C or 3 series engines are 2.0 diesel with around 100kw. Also it would be maybe 5000€ cheaper than Es300H. ES350 is certainly coming to Japan sometime soon.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Yes I found this on lexus.com.cn.
ES 200采用2.0升低能耗直列四缸自然吸气发动机
Also Taiwan and Malaysia has ES200. It is very strange that Lexus doesn't introduce ES250 to Japan or Europe as they are still quite efficient. Most sold C or 3 series engines are 2.0 diesel with around 100kw. Also it would be maybe 5000€ cheaper than Es300H. ES350 is certainly coming to Japan sometime soon.

why would it be 5k cheaper though? And no, nobody would buy it, hence they are not offering it.

Rav4 difference between Hybrid and 2.0l is around 3k around here. But keep in mind that it is marketing that sets the pricing.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
why would it be 5k cheaper though? And no, nobody would buy it, hence they are not offering it.

Rav4 difference between Hybrid and 2.0l is around 3k around here. But keep in mind that it is marketing that sets the pricing.
Cheapest C is 37000 and IS 42000

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The ES200 has 165hp and in China Lexus sells more of those at higher prices than 2.0T competitors with 250hp at similar prices. Lexus is having it a bit too easy in China with brand snobbery... (And the ES200 IS underpowered for chinese roads)

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
The ES200 has 165hp and in China Lexus sells more of those at higher prices than 2.0T competitors with 250hp at similar prices. Lexus is having it a bit too easy in China with brand snobbery... (And the ES200 IS underpowered for chinese roads)
Speaking of which, if its Chinese market competition uses 2-liter turbos, wouldn't it make sense to offer an ES 200t or ES 300 with the 8AR-FTS engine? Has there been any talk or rumors in that regard?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Speaking of which, if its Chinese market competition uses 2-liter turbos, wouldn't it make sense to offer an ES 200t or ES 300 with the 8AR-FTS engine? Has there been any talk or rumors in that regard?

No, they have the 300h already, introducing a 200t wouldn't change their competitiveness in any sense. In fact being a hybrid is their biggest strength since the popularity of 2.0t in China comes from (perceived) fuel economy advantage not power.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
No, they have the 300h already, introducing a 200t wouldn't change their competitiveness in any sense. In fact being a hybrid is their biggest strength since the popularity of 2.0t in China comes from (perceived) fuel economy advantage not power.

and also 200 is alot cheaper than 300h, while 2.0t wouldnt be.

Will1991

Reactions
After seeing this 3 videos (tested, assembly, quietness), there is only one thing in my mind.

"I really want a Lexus" :)

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
My sister who mainly drives around in ISC and RXh (the one who recently got PhD), was impressed with the ES 350 F-Sport she got as a loaner, citing it as a major improvement. She's on deck though for the LC 500h convertible, so I was shocked at how happy she was.

Anyway, what's happening with the AWD version? It is coming for sure, but I wonder why someone I know told me it was coming to Europe in December 2018, yet not a peep even 6 months after that. Maybe there were some issues? Did management change their mind? What's going on with the GS? Production was supposed to end in March, but it's still rolling alongside the till 2020/21 GS-F. What are they doing I figure?

I've asked folks on both sides of the pond, but you all know I discard non-answers or answers that clearly show being not "in the know" (ie the GS will be unchanged...)

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
but I wonder why someone I know told me it was coming to Europe in December 2018, yet not a peep even 6 months after that. Maybe there were some issues? Did management change their mind? What's going on with the GS? Production was supposed to end in March, but it's still rolling alongside the till 2020/21 GS-F. What are they doing I figure?

Did they think that ES300h AWD would be coming to Europe? Kind of hard to believe... I am sure ES350 AWD variant will come to Russia which is big market for Lexus Europe, but ES300h? Who knows though since Prius now has AWD.