7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
Hello my fellow Lexus Fans,

Giving update on my last post about placing an order for the 2019 ES300h.

For a fully loaded ES300h...the final price I will have to cough up is $54,749.

See pic below for official listing/pricing of all 300h options straight from my dealership.

One nugget I saw is that Ultra Luxury is available on the hybrid...including panoramic moon roof. Some video reviews said the hybrid would not come with panoramic moon roof, yet it appears on my order.

orFgXsz.jpg

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Every time I see white on black cars, I marvel at how nice they look. This, in particular, looks fantastic. I always end up regretting how much care the outside requires to keep it looking like that, however. :'(

That's funny -- I found white to be the easiest color to care for. My Ultra White CT rarely needed to be washed. :D

Reactions
Hello my fellow Lexus Fans,

Giving update on my last post about placing an order for the 2019 ES300h.

For a fully loaded ES300h...the final price I will have to cough up is $54,749.

See pic below for official listing/pricing of all 300h options straight from my dealership.

One nugget I saw is that Ultra Luxury is available on the hybrid...including panoramic moon roof. Some video reviews said the hybrid would not come with panoramic moon roof, yet it appears on my order.

orFgXsz.jpg

Are you paying MSRP? Why not wait a month and negotiate ~10% off?

Reactions: Den
Reactions
Good luck getting that much off of a special order vehicle, especially with no rebates or incentives to apply.

The car is basically a fully loaded car... nothing too special about it. Especially if he lives in S. cal there will be plenty of dealerships to find his car and negotiate a decent discount. No offence of course but makes no sense to me to pay MSRP(which sounds like he is).

Last edited:

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
Hi @reposado

Haven't begun nagging them about the price yet...no deposit was required to place order. I am not planning on paying MSRP. That's just the price my dealership received from Lexus corporate. Now when I tack on california's sales/use tax, my price will probably arrive back to the $54k MSRP as the out the door price tag lol after I'm done nagging them about whatever price they do give me.

It's special order because availability of fully loaded models (including F sport) are limited to whatever exterior/interior colors are on fully loaded models. Therefore, my dealership is allowing customers to be picky lol.

I sincerely doubt any discount will be available on 2019 models, especially within the next few months. As my dealership put it, whatever discount one person spends time negotiating for, another will come snatch it up and pay MSRP. Maybe cash rebates will be available, but we'll see.

The 2018's are definitely on sale in addition to a 4,000 cash rebate my dealership is offering on 2018's! lol

Last edited:
Reactions
Hi @reposado

Haven't begun nagging them about the price yet...no deposit was required to place order. I am not planning on paying MSRP. That's just the price my dealership received from Lexus corporate. Now when I tack on california's sales/use tax, my price will probably arrive back to the $54k MSRP as the out the door price tag lol after I'm done nagging them about whatever price they do give me.

It's special order because availability of fully loaded models (including F sport) are limited to whatever exterior/interior colors are on fully loaded models. Therefore, my dealership is allowing customers to be picky lol.

I sincerely doubt any discount will be available on 2019 models, especially within the next few months. As my dealership put it, whatever discount one person spends time negotiating for, another will come snatch it up and pay MSRP. Maybe cash rebates will be available, but we'll see.

The 2018's are definitely on sale in addition to a 4,000 cash rebate my dealership is offering on 2018's! lol

If you are aiming for MSRP as out the door price in CA that means you are aiming for around 10% off. :)

Dont believe the dealers when they tell you people will be paying MSRP for a new lexus even for a brand new model. I am actually looking for a fully loaded hybrid myself as well. Keep us updated on what price you end up negotiating and enjoy the ride!

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
If you are aiming for MSRP as out the door price in CA that means you are aiming for around 10% off. :)

Dont believe the dealers when they tell you people will be paying MSRP for a new lexus even for a brand new model. I am actually looking for a fully loaded hybrid myself as well. Keep us updated on what price you end up negotiating and enjoy the ride!

LOL right. They can't fool us. The "I have the money now, this is what I want out the door" worked the last time I bought a Lexus lol

I wish I could go back home (Ohio) and buy it there as I'm only in California for one more year, but the timing is right for me to purchase now.

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
Another one of my local dealerships (SoCal) called me today and said the 2019's are SLOWLY coming in...beginning THIS week!!! I'm scheduled to test drive the new ES 350 and 300h on Friday. Unfortunately, none of the cars in this week's batch are fully loaded or f-sport.

Lexus Canada already has the configure section available, but Lexus.com is still lagging behind!

https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/configure-price/es

LDeleuran

Fan
Reactions
You are lucky. It will take some time before we get them here in Germany. Now that you are going to see one Friday, will you be able to check out the rear pass through? I am especially interested in the length it provides with the pass through open.

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
You are lucky. It will take some time before we get them here in Germany. Now that you are going to see one Friday, will you be able to check out the rear pass through? I am especially interested in the length it provides with the pass through open.

Yes, I will try to take pics and share them here.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
The Lexus UK Media Site has released pricing and equipment information for that market:

THE ALL-NEW LEXUS ES: UK GRADE STRUCTURE AND PRICING
The introduction of the all-new Lexus ES marks an important milestone for Lexus in the UK, being the first ES model to be made available to British customers. Built on the new Lexus Global Architecture – K platform, it offers a strong package of dynamic design, engaging driving performance and efficient self-charging hybrid power.

In preparation for its arrival, Lexus has announced prices and outline equipment grades for the model, which will be exclusively a self-charging hybrid, with front-wheel drive. Lexus retailers are taking pre-orders now ahead of order books opening on 1 October.

The ES 300h will make its debut in a range of three versions: the entry-level ES, the ES F Sport and the top-of-the-range ES Takumi, a new grade which takes its name from the Japanese master craftsmanship that is applied to every Lexus vehicle.

The on-the-road prices are:

Lexus ES: £35,150

Lexus ES F Sport: £38,150

Lexus ES Takumi: £45,650

Core equipment features for each grade include: –

Lexus ES
Second generation Lexus Safety System+
17in alloy wheels
Lexus Navigation with eight-inch central display
DAB
Parking sensors
Power-adjustable, heated front seats
Sunroof
Tahara upholstery

Lexus ES F Sport
F Sport interior and exterior styling details
19in alloys
F Sport seats
Adaptive sports suspension

Lexus ES Takumi
Power bootlid with hands-free kick sensor
Heated and power-reclining rear seats
12.3-inch display
Mark Levinson premium surround sound audio
360-degree camera
Triple-zone air conditioning
Triple-eye LED multi-weather headlights with Adaptive High-beam System and Adaptive Front-lighting System

A range of equipment option packs are also available, giving customers the opportunity to add bundled additional technology, comfort and convenience features.

The Lexus ES can be specified with a Premium Pack, OTR price £3,500.
This adds: –
Smooth leather seat upholstery
Front seat ventilation
Power rear screen sunshade
Triple-eye LED multi-weather headlights with Adaptive High-beam System 18in alloys
Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert with automatic braking

The Lexus ES F Sport is available with a Tech and Safety Pack, OTR price £700
This adds: –
Triple-eye LED multi-weather headlights with Adaptive High-beam System
Wireless device charger
Heated steering wheel

The Lexus ES F Sport can also be specified with a Takumi Pack, OTR price £4,000, which includes all the elements of the Tech and Safety Pack plus: –
Mark Levinson surround sound audio
Head-up display
Lexus Premium Navigation with 12.3-inch screen
Power rear screen sunshade
Power bootlid with hands-free kick sensor.

Metallic or mica paint can be specified for £670, with more sophisticated Sonic White, Sonic Titanium and Azure Blue finishes available for £920 (both prices OTR).

http://media.lexus.co.uk/2018/09/the-all-new-lexus-es-uk-grade-structure-and-pricing/

I like the Takumi branding for the top-of-the-line luxury version and wish more Lexus markets would use that nomenclature.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Automotive News' Naoto Okamura has written an informative story on the Lexus ES's launch in Japan, including sales projections:

Lexus adds ES to Japan lineup
November 5, 2018 - Naoto Okamura

TOKYO — Lexus is adding the ES sedan to its lineup in Japan for the first time, betting that expanding demand for premium rides is enough to counter shrinking sales of full-size cars in the domestic market.

The front-wheel-drive ES, part of the original two-car Lexus lineup when the brand launched in the U.S. in 1989, was long geared toward the U.S. and China markets. Its debut in the home market adds another sedan to the bottom of Lexus' sedan-heavy domestic lineup.

H2-181109901.jpg&MaxW=200

Sawa: Stepping up exposure

Lexus International President Yoshihiro Sawa said the company hopes to attract executive-level customers in their 40s or 50s. Incremental ES sales from Japan may also buttress global volumes for the nameplate as consumer tastes in the U.S. and elsewhere shift toward crossovers and SUVs.

Lexus launched the redesigned seventh-generation ES here Oct. 24 at its Lexus Meets brand lounge near down-town Tokyo's glitzy Ginza shopping district. Lexus said it has received 2,000 preorders for the ES, about 70 percent from existing Lexus customers. About half the customers are corporate buyers, Sawa said.

The ES sales target is 350 vehicles per month in Japan and 11,500 a month globally. Lexus' sales in Japan more than doubled to 33,000 units in the first six months of 2018.

Lexus aims to ramp up marketing efforts to stoke interest in the new sedan. The Lexus Meets lounge, for example, offers hourlong test drives of every Lexus nameplate.

"We are still a young brand," Sawa said. "We will offer experiences that surprise new customers through marketing and step up our exposure." Parent Toyota Motor Corp. began selling vehicles under the Lexus brand in Japan in 2005.

In Japan, Lexus offers the ES only as a 2.5-liter, four-cylinder hybrid variant. Lexus has also equipped it with what the company calls the world's first digital side-view monitor, which it says improves visibility and safety. The new camera-mirror combination will be available as a 216,000 yen (about $1,900) option on the new ES 300h version L in Japan.

Sawa said Lexus is considering the video-mirror technology for other markets, such as Western Europe, but is still assessing overseas regulations and demand.

The ES is built at Toyota's Kyushu plant in southern Japan and its Georgetown plant in Kentucky. A Toyota spokesman said ES supply for Japan will come from Kyushu, which may also serve to supplement ES production for North America.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...-market?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I will wait until I see the AWD version and then give my opinion, because now my opinion will not make any ES fan happy

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
The new ES is now available in South Africa, impressive I think better in the metal than in pictures, interior much more European which it has to be here where the Germans reign supreme in this section of the market anyway. A R200000 difference in price between the standard es250 and the Hybrid model is a bit hard to digest however and puts it well above the Five series diesel which is popular here. A huge improvement however over the outgoing model.