7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Which is not something they're doing. They're letting the ES be the ES, other than that it's supposed to get AWD at some point.

Lexus EU is only one doing it... but thats because all of their sales lately have been fleet ("Business") models of GS300h with cloth interiors.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
So...shall we make some pinned thread with the title in CAPS saying "NO THE GS IS NOT REPLACED BY THE ES"?

Reactions
This is one of the first Lexus ES videos, and it is based on the infotainment and Apple CarPlay. Watch the video to see one of our fellow members featured in this video. :)

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Those cheap red color seats are so out of the place in ES. Acura has been doing the same thing with it's own cheap red hue seats and it doesn't work. It needs to be deep blood red like bordeaux in order to feel right in premium sedan.

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
Picture3.png Picture1.png Picture2.png More Point of Views .... :D

Video contained picture of HUD, but I think it's a still of the LS 500 HUD, I hope the ES HUD is same format.

Subtitles are available, but not very good.

I really hope the US market gets rear seat controls, maybe krew can answer this once the embargo lifts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Den

mikeavelli

Reactions
I was to make it to Nashville today to have some time with the F-Sport but I unfortunately had to back out last minute. Looking forward to KREW's assessment when the embargo is lifted.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I was to make it to Nashville today to have some time with the F-Sport but I unfortunately had to back out last minute. Looking forward to KREW's assessment when the embargo is lifted.

too bad, would have loved to get your impressions!

GTG

Fan
Reactions
Starting in December, EU-spec and UK-spec cars will offer AWD. Other "GA-K" related TMC vehicles will follow in 2019 and 2020.
That’s Great news , what about the US ? I have to now put off buying it . Bummer!

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Is there going to be a formal announcement regarding AWD?
I imagine so. At any rate, I make daily weekday visits to the multiple Toyota and Lexus online newsrooms (Global/Japan, Europe, UK and USA), so I'll certainly be posting and linking here any announcement of note.

Another possible venue for this announcement is the 2018 Paris Motor Show (I believe the Press Days are Tuesday 2 October and Wednesday 3 October).

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
So does it get e-four or new AWD system? I would guess e-four?
An excellent question. Thus far, the 5th-gen RAV4 is the only TNGA-K platform vehicle confirmed to offer optional AWD. Per the Toyota USA Newsroom release from its 2018 New York Auto Show world premiere, a trio of AWD systems will be offered on RAV4:

Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Rear Driveline Disconnect.
Standard (and seemingly only available) on AWD-equipped Limited gas and Adventure grade (which is gas-only) models, this is the most sophisticated and handling-oriented of the three systems. It is definitely part of the new 4WD systems announced in conjunction with the new Dynamic Force powertrains.

Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Rear Driveline Disconnect can send 50 percent of engine torque to the rear wheels, plus distribute it to the left or right rear wheel for improved handling. When AWD isn’t required (on long stretches of highway, for example), fuel economy is improved thanks to the Rear Driveline Disconnect system. The disconnection features the world’s first ratchet-type dog clutches on both the front and rear wheel shafts. These clutches stop the driveshaft’s rotations, thus transmitting the driving force to the front wheels when AWD isn’t required, significantly reducing energy loss, improving fuel efficiency, and reducing rotational vibration making for a smoother ride.

Also included is Multi-Terrain Select. Standard on all AWD-equipped gas RAV4 models, Multi-Terrain Select uses a control dial (or buttons) to maximize traction when driving through snow, mud, sand, or rocks.

Still another characteristic is AWD Integrated Management (AIM), which harmonizes engine, transmission, braking, and 4WD systems to offer superb handling and stability regardless of road surface conditions.

Non-Dynamic Torque Vectoring AWD.
Available on core gas grades. It is unclear whether this is the current, older-tech AWD from the current 4th-gen RAV4 or the new AWD described above minus the Dynamic Torque Vectoring functionality. Similarly unclear is whether or not it includes Rear Driveline Disconnect and AIM functionality. It does, however, include Multi-Terrain Select.

E-Four / All-Wheel Drive with Intelligence (AWD-i)
Available on all hybrid grades. The AWD-i nomenclature is used on the 5th-gen RAV4 news release, whereas the earlier Dynamic Force-related Toyota Global Newsroom release refers to it as E-Four. Both, however, are described in nearly identical words. Total torque to the rear wheels—which are electronically driven—is increased by 30 percent compared to the current generation AWD-i system. By adopting a new control system that optimally distributes torque to the rear wheels based on the driving conditions, the new system offers high off-road performance, handling, and ability.

E-Four/new AWD-i includes AIM functionality but apparently not Multi-Terrain Select.

So what can we expect when the TNGA-K sedans offer AWD? My best guess: Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Rear Driveline Disconnect (minus Multi-Terrain Select) for gas-only models and E-Four/AWD-i for the hybrids.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Pricing and EPA fuel mileage figures have been announced for the U.S. market 7ES. From the Lexus USA Newsroom release

Entering its seventh generation, the all-new 2019 Lexus ES will go on sale in September with a base price of $39,500, a modest $550 increase over the outgoing model. The latest ES sedan delivers enhanced comfort, craftsmanship and luxury in one of the most competitive segments in the industry.

Despite the significant boost in both power and torque, the new ES also delivers better fuel efficiency than before with EPA mileage numbers of 22 mpg city, 33 mpg highway and 26 mpg combined. Compared to the previous ES 350, that’s a two mile-per-gallon improvement in combined driving in addition to an extra 34 horsepower and 19 extra pound feet of torque.

In addition to the ES 350, the ultra-efficient ES 300h will go on sale with a base price of $41,310, a notable $510 decrease compared to its predecessor. The new ES 300h not only costs less, it’s EPA mileage estimates of 43 mpg city, 45 mpg highway and 44 mpg combined make it the most fuel-efficient luxury vehicle without a plug.

A new addition to the lineup in 2019, the ES 350 F SPORT arrives with a base price of $44,035. It includes numerous upgrades like a retuned suspension, 19-inch wheels and tires and unique aluminum interior trim that gives the F SPORT a more dynamic look and feel. For the new 2019 ES 350 F SPORT, the official EPA numbers are 22 mpg city, 31 mpg highway and 25 mpg in combined driving.

All prices exclude a $1,025 fee for delivery, processing and handling.

RichieRich

Founding Member
Reactions
The ES will be a great seller for Lexus. Price point is where it should be with this very stylish looking Car.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

Lexus USA Announces 2019 ES 350 & ES 300h Pricing
18-07-27-lexus-es-300h.jpg

Prices remain flat despite major upgrade.
View the original article post

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
Well apparently the new ES will get sequential turn signals like we saw in avalon too...just not in the US (unless they make part of it flash solidly) :pensive:....

See video at time 5:25-5:58

Reactions: Den

LDeleuran

Fan
Reactions
That is indeed good news regarding the pricing - especially for the hybrid, which will be the main version sold here in Europe (do we even get it with other engine choices?).

I hope the professional auto journalist is wrong with his prediction being close to the GS price wise: https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-n...res-of-new-gs-news-specs-prices-on-sale-date/ as it should be considerably cheaper than the GS to compete properly with the A4, etc.