7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Why are they not showing regular interior trim in the US press release? That F-sport interior looks barren. How are they "redefining luxury" when they show an interior that is not luxurious at all? Someone is not doing their job properly. Show some wood!

The global version looks good.

Agree... can't see any detailing in the black FSport interior.

White F Sport with red/black interior looks amazing. Almost more like IS than ES or GS.

Looking forward to seeing more pics of the interior options to gauge design and quality.

Reactions
Mon dieu! This is the most revolutionized car in the entire automotive industry. With something like the current ES, this new one, is simply fascinating. I have never seen a car changed so much in identity.

However I hate to be that one person though, and I probably share the same feelings as most people in this forum do, but there is no AWD. *sigh*

Alshamsi

Fan
Reactions
There's this thing with lexus, they make every F-sport version dead and bland from the inside, removing options and offering bad leather choices..
I always prefer the exterior look of the F-sport over the regular ones, but i very much hate the interiors of the F-sports..
Why can't they just use the same interior for the F-sport ? because honestly the dashboard looks dead in the F-sport trim...

Last edited:

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
why is there big gap between wheel and wheel arch? It does not look very good...

Reactions
Next generation ES appears rather promising by looking “younger” and more sport-orientated. Should help open new opportunities for the next GS if any, IMO. But the fact that ES remains natively FWD means that this car - for the purists - will never be a bona-fide E-Class/5-er rival. But then traditional ES buyers don’t care about such thing.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Why are they not showing regular interior trim in the US press release? That F-sport interior looks barren. How are they "redefining luxury" when they show an interior that is not luxurious at all? Someone is not doing their job properly. Show some wood!

The global version looks good.

I assume they want to focus on the first ever F-Sport. Also if you read the press release the F-Sport debuts an all new trim inspired by Samurai Swords. They are going to really push this ES in a different direction than ones in the past.

The only reason these still sell in meaningful numbers is that current generation ES has no AWD.

That is not true at all. AWD is a small take of sales and mostly in the NE region of the US

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
What engine is in "ES 260"?
A25A-FKS. It does have 30hp more compared to the outgoing ES250. So I guess "260" is justified. It aims squarely at the E260L, that's very obvious.

Also, Lexus registered the "ES260" trademark in China last November. Apparently I missed that.

Reactions
Someone brought up a good point in the now locked speculation thread. Maybe no AWD at launch is to milk every last bit from current gen IS and GS. The only reason these still sell in meaningful numbers is that current generation ES has no AWD.
Definitely, they wouldn't replace a RWD/AWD GS with a FWD ES, it goes against the sportier image they are trying to get

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
A25A-FKS. It does have 30hp more compared to the outgoing ES250. So I guess "260" is justified. It aims squarely at the E260L, that's very obvious.

What a strange decision. V6 also has 30+ more hp but sticks with "350."

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
What a strange decision. V6 also has 30+ more hp but sticks with "350."
It's for chinese domestic market only, where they do arbitrary numbering all the time. "260" sounds much better than "250". The rest of the world will still use the ES250 name. The two are identical.

That is not true at all. AWD is a small take of sales and mostly in the NE region of the US
Fine, I take back what I said. What kind of numbers does Lexus sell in NE? How's their presence there?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Why are there no photos of the non F-Sport car...?
They have some in the global version no?

It really bugs me how little interior detail they are showing, but somehow they feel compelled to put an image of the brake disk on there (and it's just a generic brake disk!). What are the PR people smoking?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
^If Avalon reviews are any indication, hybrid will surely be the car to get. Many testers have noted that real world performance feels similar between hybrid and V6, but the hybrid doesn't seem to have bad torque steer... plus 44 MPG.