7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

ydooby

Follower
Reactions
They have some in the global version no?

It really bugs me how little interior detail they are showing, but somehow they feel compelled to put an image of the brake disk on there (and it's just a generic brake disk!). What are the PR people smoking?
The Lexus Japan website does a way better PR job, showing off a properly luxurious interior with a good legroom shot.
https://lexus.jp/brand/motor_show/beijing2018/
img_01.jpg

img_02.jpg

Wish they'd used real-world photos for the exterior, though they still look good. Curiously it also has a rear spoiler. Thought the spoiler is just an F-Sport thing. Hopefully it's optional.
img_01.jpg

img_02.jpg

img_03.jpg

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Not an ideal photo opportunity during the reveal, wasn’t able to capture much.

Plus side, I did spend quite a bit of time with the standard and F SPORT, and we have a lot to be excited about. More soon!

Ray99

Founding Member
Reactions
The Lexus Japan website does a way better PR job, showing off a properly luxurious interior with a good legroom shot.
https://lexus.jp/brand/motor_show/beijing2018/
img_01.jpg

img_02.jpg

Wish they'd used real-world photos for the exterior, though they still look good.
img_01.jpg

img_02.jpg

img_03.jpg

The F sport version doesn’t do ES the justice. Too sporty. Thank God, Lexus do still have the luxury version for ES. Any full shot of the rear?

ydooby

Follower
Reactions
Wait...what is ES260? Now they are doing the "power equivalency" trick with naturally aspirated engines?
The ES260 is only marketed in China. It has the same engine as the ES250 marketed elsewhere. 250 in China is an Internet slang for "half crazy"/silly, so they avoided using that number only in China.

See:
https://baike.baidu.com/item/250/16010600

Last edited:

thtupid

Fan
Reactions
What an absolute disappointment. I really hope they don't kill off the GS as this car will not be able to fill the shoes of both vehicles. Australians don't even get the F-sport. We just get the hybrid in either luxury or sports luxury trim levels. The V6 is only a smidge more powerful than the camry and Avalon and less powerful than the GS. which makes sense. This is FWD only.

Please don't kill of the GS...oh please oh please...

ydooby

Follower
Reactions
Ok but it was not a problem for the current generation ES that has been bearing 250 badge in China for years. I think the reason is different.
Nah.. they are simply reacting to the derogatory nickname the ES250 had been given by some Chinese people. Lexus just didn't realize that when they first marketed the 250 in China.

For example:
https://read01.com/nOnJBG.html#.WuAYisgvyUk

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
British Autocar is reporting that the ES is indeed going to the UK (therefore a global model) and it is also REPLACING the GS, due to be discontinued next month.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...ow/lexus-es-revealed-ahead-beijing-show-debut

Are these rumors true?

Official Spanish website confirms its debut in Spain: https://www.lexusauto.es/car-models/es/#hero

I honestly don't think ES will replace GS anytime soon
It's still a very typical ES, its FWD, it still shares platform with its Toyota sibling.
It doesn't feel very "upscale" either. The interior design and parts used are closer to the UX, which is meant to be a model to drive sales more than a status symbol like LS / LC. Yes its going to be better than its predecessor in every category, undeniably. The newly introduced f sport trim looks quite cool, but we all know its more of a appearance package than under hood changes.
There's going to be some cost cutting here and there and share parts to keep the price low. The ES will still be an ES.
I still have hope for GS, and I'm pretty sure once @carmaker gets more info, he will be the first to post them here.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Ok but it was not a problem for the current generation ES that has been bearing 250 badge in China for years. I think the reason is different.

It's not the prime reason for sure, but the ES250 also happens to be the worst selling ES. Lexus sells more 300h than 250.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Love the interior
The overhang is awful, 3rd rear side from c pillar and trunk looks a lot like a Camry
& Still no AWD version , Nissan make it for Altima !!!!

Reactions
I honestly don't know why Lexus even bothers to launch this in Europe. It will be available with one (!) single, 215 hp hybrid powertrain with NO AWD option and NO estate version, in a segment, where all of its rivals (My local dealer said this is indeed, to replace the GS), the 5 series, E-class and the A6 are all offering: Estate version, AWD along with more powerful engine options. Come on. I know it doesn't make too much sense to have a 350 hp daily driver, and it's ok if you don't want to play along the rules of the playing field, but then it's also ok not expect significant sales numbers. This thing is DOA in Europe.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I honestly don't know why Lexus even bothers to launch this in Europe. It will be available with one (!) single, 215 hp hybrid powertrain with NO AWD option and NO estate version, in a segment, where all of its rivals (My local dealer said this is indeed, to replace the GS), the 5 series, E-class and the A6 are all offering: Estate version, AWD along with more powerful engine options. Come on. I know it doesn't make too much sense to have a 350 hp daily driver, and it's ok if you don't want to play along the rules of the playing field, but then it's also ok not expect significant sales numbers. This thing is DOA in Europe.

Did you really think they will make a wagon ES? To sell like 500 of them?

Lexus EU sells only hybrids, it is 98% of their sales... thats how good IS 2.0t and NX 2.0t are selling, they are in 2%.