5th Generation (2018+) Lexus LS 500 & LS 500h Megathread

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Strange you should mention that as the exact same thing has been said about the LC, so whatever wiper motor is going into these Lexuses is obviously not good enough.

Some of the points in your review are going into my YouTube which will drop in a couple of days explaining my disappointment with this gen LS.

Maybe before being consumed by confirmation bias, it would be considered reasonable to call Lexus dealer or HQ to get their comment on whether this is an isolated issue or something that they intend to address if many units are affected.

I mean that is if you are intending to provide reliable information and not just bash.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Maybe before being consumed by confirmation bias, it would be considered reasonable to call Lexus dealer or HQ to get their comment on whether this is an isolated issue or something that they intend to address if many units are affected.

I mean that is if you are intending to provide reliable information and not just bash.

First, @Rydo's comment was not a bash. It's just a statement.

Second, in my experience, Lexus will always tell you everything is "operating as designed" and they "haven't heard of this problem" until there are enough complaints/inquiries and then they start issuing TSiBs for things to be fixed silently at service intervals ;)

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Great post....the LS is the drivers car here with the Porsche... funny people are stuck on peak HP figures and not how it drives. In the past the internet blasted the LS for not being a great handling car.

lulz

as usual with Lexus, it is very much a moving target...

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
- Japan update press release for next MY

LC
The Flagship Coupe LC realizes innovative design and clean and deep running by thoroughly building up in addition to adopting state-of-the-art technology such as GA-L platform and multi-stage hybrid system. Both vehicles are well received as a model symbolizing LEXUS 's change.

In this improvement, we improved the steering feel by improving the rigidity by steering support * 6 aluminum die casting and by tuning the bush characteristics. In addition, the shock absorber adopts a stretching independent orifice, improving ride comfort and steering stability such as expansion of variable damping force width and friction reduction. Brake control, tuning of multi-stage hybrid system etc. realize smoother acceleration / deceleration according to the driver's intention. We stick to the details thoroughly, and evolved the sporty ride taste unique to LC. In addition, convenience is improved by standard setting of a hybrid navigation system that integrates the search of the route between the cloud and onboard devices.

In addition, by responding to D - Call Net ® * 7 which specifies severity based on vehicle data at the time of accident or sudden illness and makes an early exercise judgment such as doctor helicopter etc, both LS and LC can respond to emergency It increased.

https://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/jp/lexus/23981360.html

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
Hey guys!!! so the decision has been made. I'm little over a month out from ordering my 5LS and this is what I came up with.. So I had to weight out ordering the executive package and if I myself was ever going to use it and since I'm not going to I have decided to order the Manganese luster with the luxury Package with the pano roof and all the options.. so it will be very loaded. not unless I'm missing something.. wondering if my logic is sound on this... still time to change my mind so suggestions?

r,

m

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
There's an absolutely crazy LS lease deal right now at the two Baltimore-area dealers where if you can put down $5999 you get $799/month payments for any LS500 AWD (there's an Obsidian with full Kiriko glass and everything on the lot at Towson with that deal). Other Lexus dealers, including Annapolis, don't seem to be doing it, just the two Len Stoler-owned ones. So if you can drive up to Towson and get in on that deal I'd strongly recommend going Executive just because it's a hell of a deal. If you can't, then yeah, your logic is working fine.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
@Ian Schmidt thanks so much pal!! I will check it out!! But I’m thinking a 19 for amazon Alexa and apple CarPlay! I wil definitely Check it out. I love the Executive don’t get me wrong but I don’t think it’s practical for me because I would never use it and just can’t justify the extra money. Is your rear seats 18 way adjustable and do you have a 110v back there? Basically I will have everything in the luxury except the ottoman and glass.

R,

Markus

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
@Ian Schmidt Thanks buddy! I just don't see the spending the extra on it just so I can say I have it.. that's stupid. and I won't ever use it. I'm going in in December and if the specials are good then that's different but doesn't the car have to be on the lot? so I'm ordering mine and it will take 3 months to get here so I guess I will get the deals at that time? how did you get yours? special order or??

Reactions
C'mon, man. You know the second there's word it'll be all over the front page, there's no need to keep asking :)

I guess we're all really adamant on that TT V8. It's definitely not going to come with the RC F GT, as you can hear the induction noise for the V8. Our only hopes are it's going to be introduced with the LC F, and I hear that's a long ways off. Slightly off topic to this thread, but as of now I am more curious about the GS.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
I think it will be a d it will be the de facto motor for the F Line. You know for sure @F1 Silver Arrows that the new RCF won’t eventually get it. Without a doubt it will be in the LCF and I want them to take their time and get it right. It’s going to be a beast and important motor.

The TTV6 was done right!