5th Generation (2018+) Lexus LS 500 & LS 500h Megathread

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The point is, this is beneath Lexus to be even spending time on, or focusing on this technology. This is a very standard technology, that as you mentioned, has been used on Toyotas for many years. Also a number of competitors have used this technology for years as well. There is nothing 'new' about it.

uh, why? You have no idea how it works and how effective it is in LS, but it is beneath Lexus? Do you think it is exactly the same thing they had in Crown in 2007? I very much doubt it.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Video & Photo Gallery: 2018 Lexus LS 500 in Autumn Shimmer

17-09-22-lexus-ls-autumn-shimmer.jpg

16 photos and a three-minute video.
View the original article post

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Interesting to now several months later re look at all these original comments. I think with the rumored lauch of the V8 model that Lexus have been teasing us! This car continues to look better and better and will move Lexus right up with the old big timers. Lexus can and will continue to move upwards they know what they have to do.
One wonders about the bottom of the range I am hoping that the CT will be renewed and that it is substantially improved with more luxury features, to own a Lexus is a unique experience and Lexus has to ensure that this remarkable attribute not only continues but improves further.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Interesting to now several months later re look at all these original comments. I think with the rumored lauch of the V8 model that Lexus have been teasing us! This car continues to look better and better and will move Lexus right up with the old big timers. Lexus can and will continue to move upwards they know what they have to do.
One wonders about the bottom of the range I am hoping that the CT will be renewed and that it is substantially improved with more luxury features, to own a Lexus is a unique experience and Lexus has to ensure that this remarkable attribute not only continues but improves further.

Rob, CT might survive but quite likely not for USA, but I might be wrong.

As to the features, I would guess they would be similar to the Nx. It all depends on price of course.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Pricing and packages... very aggressive base pricing... I can't believe the LS F-Sport starts like 4K less than my old one. Crazy.....

23k package!!!!!

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases...standard+luxury+sedan+value.htm?view_id=39709

Not a fan that if you want the F-Sport you are again shut out of the luxury options....

I was wondering about that as well. However, I'm less concerned about the rear lux options as I would not be transporting passengers in the back very much or very far. But i would like more luxury in the front on a F-sport.

Anyway, I have not seen the car in person yet. I will on February 1st at the official reveal at my local Lexus dealership. I can't see myself buying one now; I've bought too many cars in the recent past and certainly my wife would be calling a Psychiatrist on my behalf. I want to see it in person and would love to take it for a spin.